Organization: Palacký University of Olomouc
Country: Czech Republic
Closing date: 04 Jun 2017
About the Department
The Department of Christian Social Work is housed in the Theological Faculty at the second oldest Czech university. The Department consists of two sections: humanitarian and regular social work.
It is the leading programme among Central and Eastern European universities for education in humanitarian aid and international social work. It has more than fifteen years of experience in education in this area- originally only with a Bachelor’s degree programme, however for six years it has also been conducting a relevant Master’s programme. The Department of Christian Social Work, and in particular its Humanitarian Section, is highly experienced in international cooperation, be it with European universities or international organisations from various parts of the world.
The Department is located in the centre of the old, historical town of Olomouc.
About the Position
The candidate is expected to:
· cooperate closely with the members of the Department in performing excellent academic research;
· take initiatives in order to attract projects;
- promote and develop the Department’s level of national and international cooperation.
The candidate is expected to:
· ensure a high-quality level of education within the area of international social work that corresponds to the level of the Master’s programme, its focus, and its academic depth;
· actively contribute – as a part of a team – to the development of the educational programmes of the Department;
· teach selected courses (in English);
· guide students individually, e.g. in the framework of Master’s thesis preparation.
We are offering:
an employment in a dynamic and internationally-oriented team that is a part of international academic networks;
the possibility to participate in the partial reorientation of our educational programme and research towards macro-practice in international social work;
possibility to lead or participate in internationally-oriented projects, including projects in developing countries.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
· practical experience in humanitarian aid or international social work (at least altoghether 2 years);
· Ph.D. in social science or humanities;
· managerial and communicative skills, including an excellent command of English;
· research experience in international social work or humanitarian aid (or issues from other fields relevant to the two) demonstrated by an excellent academic output;
· skills to apply for tenders for research funding; experience in obtaining research grants is an advantage;
· knowledge of civilians protection in conflicts and assistance in post-conflict situations is an advantage.
How to apply:
To apply for the job, please send us:
- an updated CV;
- copies of certificates;
- evidence of practical experience;
- a list of publicized work (append copies of each of the three most relevant publicized works).
The expected date of starting: 1st September 2017 (possibly 1st January 2018)
The deadline and address for sending an application: 4th June 2017
Applications should be sent to:
Dekanat CMTF – Vyberove rizeni
Palacky University of Olomouc
771 11 Olomouc Czech Republic
or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI