Organization: World Food Programme
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 25 May 2017
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
From May 11, 2017 till May 25, 2017
Duration/ Type of Contract
Duration of contract: 6 months
Type of Contrcat : SC5
Duty Station : Qamishly
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The office of the United Nations World Food Programme in Syria is currently seeking for a qualified canddiate for Finance Assistant SC5 , based in Qamishly
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Arabic
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ), and report to the Head of Unit, Chief, Finance Officer, or the designate.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of finance/budget related processes and activities requiring some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders are able to recommend a course of action to staff at various levels and may allocate tasks to other support staff.
To support effective delivery of finance, budget and administration support services in order to facilitate transparent and efficient utilization of financial resources.
- Assist in providing the procedural and technical support to staff within the areas of finance and budget, to ensure compliance with WFP financial policies, rules and regulations.
- Monitor monthly expenditure forecasts and provide expenditure reports in order to facilitate informed decision making.
- Monitor the sub- imprest bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
- Assist in compiling information from various sources in order to prepare reports relating to budgets, accounting, finance and statistics.
- Retrieve, format and validate information obtained from various financial information systems and bring any discrepancy or inaccuracy to the attention of the supervisor and follow up corrective actions.
- Perform administrative duties related to the monitoring and recording of fixed assets, spend on fuel and spare parts for vehicles and generators, to ensure that the databases are accurately updated.
- Maintain the web-based register for all invoices and payment transfers and record paperwork, to ensure that all documents are maintained and filed in compliance with WFP standards and guidelines.
- Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other support staff, to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- Has experience collecting and monitoring financial data on projects and programmes, assessing financial health and status, and reporting findings to senior leaders.
- At least four years of progressively responsible work experience in general administrative work including at least two years in the field of finance, accounting, or audit
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your CV in English
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Candidates must get an auto confirmation email once applying
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position applies to Syrian nationals residing in the country or abroad. National of other countries with a valid Syrian residency and/or work permit are welcome to apply
How to apply:
WFP staff :
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT