Country: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Closing date: 21 May 2017
We are looking for an experienced and organised individual to join us as Programme Officer, contributing to the successful implementation and management of the Research for Health in Humanitarian Crises (R2HC) programme.
As Programme Officer you will work closely with the R2HC Portfolio Manager to support the coordination and delivery of the grants programme. Supporting our Funding Committee of global humanitarian health experts to identify and fund cutting-edge public health research, you will:
- Support the review and analysis of grant reports and seed fund applications
- Manage the R2HC online grant application system, ensuring that the process runs smoothly for research applicants and technical reviewers
- Encourage grantees to communicate their work and results with relevant audiences and stakeholder communities
- Contribute to Elrha and R2HC newsletters, publicity materials, and development of communications products
- Collaborate with the Finance and Grants team to prepare contracts and payments for research proposals, seed funding proposals, contract amendments and R2HC-commissioned assignments
- Support R2HC relations with the funding partners, DFID and Wellcome Trust, and with the humanitarian health research community, through effective communication.
To be successful, you will have experience of supporting grantees to deliver their outcomes through the close monitoring of grant implementation. With strong communication skills, you will have the ability to synthesise and present information clearly for different audiences. You will have a keen attention to detail and the ability to work in an organised manner to meet tight deadlines. You will have an interest in the humanitarian sector and the role of research to improve the quality of public health responses.
Interviews to be held 30th – 31st May.
How to apply:
For more information and how to apply click here
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS ARI