Organization: US Agency for International Development
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 18 Jun 2017
Opportunity in Washington, DC
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has contracted through ZemiTek partnered with CAMRIS International, to recruit and hire qualified individuals for the following position:
Title: Enneagram Facilitator
United States Agency for International Development/Bureau of Africa/Office of Sustainable Development (SD)
With more than 30 years’ experience providing information technology (IT) and management consulting services worldwide, Rosa Caldas, formed ZemiTek in 2007. Based in the Washington, DC metro area, ZemiTek delivers solutions to the federal government by supporting agencies such as USAID, US Patent and Trademark Office, US Department of Justice, US Department of Agriculture, and Department of Homeland Security, among others; and internationally to their missions in Africa, Asia, Europe and Eurasia, Latin America, the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
CAMRIS International is among the top 20 USAID contractors for the third year in a row. CAMRIS realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective programs and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, CAMRIS combines proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world.
Application Deadline: n/a
The Agriculture and Food Security (AFS) team is part of the Bureau for Africa’s Office of Sustainable Development, Economic Growth, Agriculture and Trade Office (EGAT). The AFS team provides analysis, develops policy and supports USAID’s agriculture and food security programming in the region. The team works closely with the Bureau for Food Security (BFS) which has the mandate for overall implementation of the United States Government’s Feed the Future programs. The team also coordinates with USAID field missions, regional organizations, private sector, civil society, multilateral institutions and other partners. The team’s responsibilities include providing technical support to field missions in agriculture and food security strategy, design and programming.
The objective of this team facilitation work is both to enhance team cohesiveness as well as to generate, capture, and disseminate team knowledge on technical subjects. In addition to facilitating team retreats, meetings and technical workshops the facilitator will train staff in using the enneagram methodology to manage interpersonal conflict, reduce stress in the office, and improve overall team communication.
Results to be Obtained:
- Staff will have increased their knowledge and skills to manage office conflict based on their enneagram type.
- Staff will have tools to access when they face conflict with managers, peers, and supervisees.
- Team building and integration activities to build trust between staff members
- Improve communication both cross culturally as well as between regional and country offices
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
The following duties and responsibilities are expected from the contractor:
- Meet with the Acting Division Chief as well as with a sample of team members from the office staff to identify their expectations for the newly formed EGAT team as well as issues that they would like to be addressed at the retreat.
- Introduce the Enneagram system to the team along with a detailed understanding of each types motivation, blind spots, and approach to conflict.
- Reaching out to individuals who have not yet identified their Enneagram personality type, and work with them to identify their type prior to the retreat and share the results with the facilitator.
- Provide ongoing coaching for Economic Growth, Agriculture and Trade staff to support team members in setting and meeting their work objectives and to help use the enneagram tool to resolve conflict in and around the unit.
- Regularly share meeting notes and reports
Facilitate 1 retreat while incorporating team building activities
- The retreat should be balanced with presentations, team-work, games and individual tasks for approximately 10 staff members
Provide ongoing coaching throughout the length of the consultancy
Draft agendas, facilitate workshops and write up findings to be delivered in a final report.
Generate, capture, and disseminate knowledge related to agriculture, trade, and economic growth through the use of meeting notes and a retreat debriefing.
Implement and manage a training tracker which captures training information in order to identify personal usage, countries represented in training, funds expenditures, etc.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s with 10 years of experience or Bachelor’s degree with 12 in relevant field related personnel development training, organizational psychology, Education, Organizational Development, Social Science etc.
- At least 10 years of professional experience in areas related to team facilitation, training, organizational development and training. Prior working experience with the United States government agency or International development organization is an advantage.
- Experience administering the Enneagram system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong and demonstrated training skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent writing, editing, reporting, research, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively both individually and as a member of a team, including teams composed of members with cross-sectoral backgrounds or from different Bureaus and/or offices within USAID
- Strong knowledge and skills of editing and writing tools and practices
- Ability to plan, organize, and use time effectively; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work within tight deadlines;
- Ability to take initiative working with the direction of management; must be able to take ownership of projects, creatively solve problems, and see projects through to completion;
This is an opportunity for employment or a contract, but we reserve the right to make no selection or award.
ZemiTek and CAMRIS International offer competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
ZemiTek and CAMRIS International are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How to apply:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV