Organization: UN Population Fund
Closing date: 29 Jun 2017
1. Organizational Location
The post is located in the UNFPA Copenhagen Office/Procurement Services Branch (PSB) of the Division for Management Services. The incumbent reports to report to a supervisor in PSB, the ICT Systems Specialist (P3), and is responsible for supporting the business needs of UNFPA PSB through IT Helpdesk Support, Business Applications and documentation of business processes and provision of business analyst support.
The Office is located on Marmorvej 51, Copenhagen 2100, Denmark.
2. Job Purpose
Provide level 1 helpdesk to UNFPA staff in Copenhagen through general end-user hardware, Microsoft operating system, MS Office application, and existing UNFPA Business application support.
3. Major Activities/Expected Results
In direct support of UNFPA’s strategy to achieve the ICPD/MD Goals and ensuring the effective and efficient implementation, the incumbent will be required to provide the following services:
- Ready to learn and pick up general end-user and business application support task
- Support 70 end-user hardware ranging from laptops to desktop.
- Manage IT helpdesk service system and resolve level 1 support call from all UNFPA PSB staff
- Work on UNFPA global helpdesk system to raise and follow through service desk calls with IT headquarters in New York.
- Provide MS windows7 and 10 operating system support
- Provide MS Office 2010, 2013, 2016 application support to the staff
- Assist support to all internal business applications, which includes CRM, Procurement applications and other in-house developed applications
- Ad hoc end-user support
- Assist the existing IT team on backing on all business application support
- Work closely with other team members and the consultants to ensure that appropriate procedures are set up to identify user requirements and subsequently coordinate the necessary data gathering from internal users
- Liaise and coordinate with corresponding responsible branches in UNFPA, particularly with the MIS Branch IT headquarters in New York, in reference to technical problems and enhancements to provide informative and accurate content.
- Provide written and oral progress reports to Deputy Chief, PSB on the status of the work, and assist in the development of standard reports for suppliers, customers, donors, UNFPA management.
- Work in collaboration with the external consultants, other IT team members and other headquarters IT staff, assist in identifying where existing processes will need revision or new applications will be required to ensure the effective functioning of the business applications
Other tasks and duties as required.
4. Work Relations
Frequent liaising with stakeholders from diverse countries, cultures and professional backgrounds in person, email, phone, etc. Key stakeholders include PSB colleagues, MIS, contracting companies, various NGOs and other organizations.
- Completion of Degree level education preferably with a focus on computer science, engineering, or related fields is required. University studies in any of these fields is an advantage.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of IT technical support experience, preferably in an international, customer-focused organization.
- Experience in PC software and hardware support and maintenance
- Network technical support experience
- Experience in MS Windows 7 and 10
- Experience in Google applications
- Experience with Microsoft Infrastructure: Windows Server 2012, Active Directory, File Server, Print server.
- Experience in VMware virtual desktop infrastructure: VMview horizon
- Experience in cloud enable technologies, particularly related to Google
- Experience in Microsoft Infrastructure: Windows Server 2012, Active Directory, File Server, Print Server.
- Experience working in teams as well as individually on planned and Ad-hoc projects.
- Working in teams
- Ability to liaise with people from different organizations
- Results oriented
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication.
- Communicating information and ideas
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with colleagues
- Well organized and conscientious
- Self-starter and self-motivator; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Job knowledge and technical expertise
- Strong analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Innovative in seeking improved working methods and solutions to problems
- Fluency in written/oral English is required
- Knowledge of other UN languages is an asset
Other Desirable Skills:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility and adaptability, in dealing with changing circumstances or job requirements
How to apply:
UNFPA offers a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity, and a healthy work/life balance. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply.
We offer an attractive salary, subsidized medical/dental insurance and pension benefits. This is an individual consultancy for 11 months.
Possibility for roster
Applications in English (letter of interest, quoting ICT Assistant, IC and completed Personal History Form (P11), should be sent by email to: email@example.com.
The P11 form can be downloaded at: http://www.unfpa.org/resources/p11-un-personal-history-form
Your application should be sent by email not later than not later than 29 June 2017, 17:00 (Copenhagen time).
Please note that the selected candidate must have a valid residence and working permit in Denmark.
Due to the number of applications received, UNFPA will only respond to those applicants in whom UNFPA has further interest.
The UN City is a smoke-free work environment.
There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process.
UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT