Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 01 Jul 2017
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Innovation Research Intern, Innovation Unit
UNICEF Supply Division, Copenhagen, Denmark
At UNICEF Supply Division (SD), specialists across the organisation conduct many Product Innovation Projects. The Innovation Unit’s role is to work with the different SD centres, offering support and assistance to efficiently develop ideas and concepts into procurable solutions for UNICEF’s worldwide programmes. Each project requires a vast amount of research and analysis of the current and future market, hence the requirement of this internship. More information on the type of innovation projects led by UNICEF SD can be found here.
The SD Innovation Unit seeks an intern for a 24 week period starting Sep 1st 2017.
Based in Copenhagen, the main purpose of the internship is to:
Support the development of SD’s innovation projects by:
- Acting as an extra resource to innovation project leads for areas such as research, desk reviews and data analysis.
- Supporting the Innovation Unit by ensuring progress in project development.
- Becoming a significant actor in assisting project activities.
The position will report to the Technical Officer (Innovation), Director’s Office.
It is important to note that, internships at UNICEF are typically non-remunerative. All successful applicants are expected to make their own arrangements for travel, lodging and living expenses during the internship period. More information about internships is available here: https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_faq.html
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
Within the delegated authority and the given organisational set-up, the incumbent may be accountable for all or assigned areas of the following major duties:
Conduct market surveys, research and analysis of a range of different product and commodity areas.
- Mapping of innovative, pre-commercial/incomplete/in development designs to better understand the future landscape for required commodity areas.
- Offering support to project leads for the development of innovation projects.
- Assist the Innovation Unit in any additional tasks as a required by the unit. **
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Education: To be considered for an internship with UNICEF, applicants must be enrolled in a graduate degree programme; in engineering, product design, market research and analysis or other related disciplines with a substantive research component. The candidate must be enrolled in a University degree programme during the entire duration of the internship and have completed at least 2 years of full time study.
- Experience in market survey and analysis of engineering and technology products useful.
- Experience in project management.
- Active and up to date knowledge of modern, innovative materials and technologies.
- Ability to quickly understand instructions, asks for clarification when needed, adapt and work independently to produce results on time.
- Effective communicator of verbal and written concepts to international audiences.
- Able to work well in a team environment with colleagues in Copenhagen, New York and worldwide Country Offices.
- Able to work independently and problem solving oriented.
- Gather comprehensive information to support decision making.
- Analyse numerical data and all other sources of information.
- Good communication skills.
- Knowledge of standard MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and web applications. **
Fluency in written and spoken English is essential and in another UN language is an advantage.
UNICEF CORE VALUES
Diversity and Inclusion
Treats all people with dignity and respect; shows respect and sensitivity towards gender, cultural and religious differences; challenges prejudice, biases and intolerance in the workplace; encourages diversity wherever possible.
Maintains high ethical standards; takes clear ethical stands; keeps promises; immediately addresses untrustworthy or dishonest behaviour; resists pressure in decision-making from internal and external sources; does not abuse power or authority.
Demonstrates commitment to UNICEF’s mission and to the wider UN system; demonstrates the values of UNICEF in daily activities and behaviours; seeks out new challenges, assignments and responsibilities; promotes UNICEF’s cause. **
Qualified candidates are requested to submit:
- Motivated letter of application
- CV including details of current study
- Examples of previous, relevant work.
- References if available.
Please be informed that all applications to UNICEF are handled via UNICEF’s online recruiting system. All applications should be receivedby 1st July 2017, 23:59 CET. **
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=505222
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT