Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 20 Jun 2017
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular s/he will:
- Coordinate with the LHD Programme Manager the planning of all activities related to improving migration data collection and analysis for evidence based migration policy development in Egypt (including research and capacity building activities).
- Ensure effective implementation of the assigned activities on a daily basis, including financial disbursement and monitoring, and donor reporting drafting.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
- Act as the IOM focal point for the assigned activities, attend meetings with donors and
counterparts, present activities’ results when required and in coordination with the LHD
- Plan, develop and support fundraising for new initiatives aimed at supporting migration
data collection, analysis and sharing in Egypt, in cooperation with relevant Government
counterparts such as the Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics and in
coordination with the LHD Programme Manager.
- Identify areas where capacity building activities for relevant central and local government
authorities in particular with respect to data collection, analysis and sharing on migration
and development can be further undertaken, and propose responsive actions to the LHD
- Supervise research on labour mobility to support Mission activities in this area, as
guided by the LHD Programme Manager.
- Ensure proper staff information exchange on all operational aspects of the assigned
projects/activities within the LHD Division.
- Coordinate with other IOM mission on aspects related to the implementation of assigned
projects and activities.
- Prepare correspondence and communications, in Arabic and English with projects
partners, on all aspects related to project implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
University Degree in preferably in in Political or Social Sciences, Development
Studies, Human Rights, International Relations or Law, or other relevant field with
four years of working experience.
High school diploma with six years of relevant working experience.
Experience in the field of labour migration and/or migration and development.
Very good knowledge of research methodologies, including of any statistical software
package such as SPSS.
Experience in Project coordination/ management.
Experience in working with governmental authorities.
Knowledge of Egypt’s migratory context and national labour migration policies.
How to apply:
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application and cover letter by June 20,
2017 at the latest on www.egypt.iom.int
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT