- Meeting the customer for pre-bid meetings and bid walks.
- Attending meeting and planning sessions with customer personnel to develop budgets and estimates.
- Analyzing and understanding the customer’s needs and intentions.
- Preparing and distributing questions, clarifications and addenda to the bid.
- Assuring bid deadlines are met.
- Selecting subcontractors and managing the appropriate communications with them throughout the bid process.
- Working with purchasing agent to contact appropriate vendors for material pricing and purchasing.
- Communicates with sales staff to coordinate efficient sales calls.
- Coordinating pre-job planning and scheduling.
- Supervising all field personnel, through the proper chain of command, to successfully complete the project on schedule and within budget.
- Assuring good construction safety practices with all on-site activities.
- Understanding labor contracts and communicating with union shop stewards.
- Working with craft General Foreman or foremen to develop and manage manpower requests with the various unions and assures
- Determining the proper onsite job support structure, i.e.; QC, Safety Timekeeper, Office Manager, and coordinating their scheduling.
- Working with our office staff to assure PO’s are received and phase codes are assigned.
- Managing crew size throughout the project and establishing timelines for layoffs.
- Auditing daily timesheets and working with admin. staff to meet field payroll requirements.
- Meeting with customer as necessary, including project meetings and project closeout.
- Assisting in closing out projects through final invoicing.
- Following up with customer to assure invoice is paid on time.
- Reporting to management daily.
- Maintaining positive relationships with customers, contractors, suppliers
- Communicating frequently with jobsite Safety Coordinator and Company Safety Director.
- Proven experience managing
- Several examples of delivering large mechanical projects successfully on time, within budget.
- Excellent communication skills and experience updating senior leadership on project related activities.
- Excellent organizational, supervisory, and leadership skills to manage a team of craftsman and engineers.
- Proven multitasking skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of ethical behavior in exercising judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Ability to build bridges and collaborate throughout the organization, achieving buy-in and support across the organization.
- Ability to work 12 + hour shifts at jobsites when required.
- Ability to work away from home (primarily in the Northwest) for 2 to 4 week periods.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Project Management or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience in operations and construction.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or Professional Engineering (PE) license is a plus.
- Ten (10) years of experience in the construction industry; ASME Code experience preferred but not required.
- Robust experience in project management and execution of successful significant capital projects.
- Experience managing a multidisciplinary craft team.
- Experience managing subcontractors.
- Experience in budgeting, tracking costs, analyzing data, and developing action plans
- Experience in pulp and paper industry a plus
Read more here:: GFIS