DWB is seeking applications for GIS Technician proficient with ESRI products in our head office at Lac La Hache.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of 2-3 years in resource sector including forestry, mining, oil and gas, and/or transportation industries with a current professional status with strong attention to detail and good written and oral communication skills. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in demanding, fast-paced progressive work environment.
The successful candidate must be proficient and demonstrate strong ability but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Generate, edit, and maintain topologically correct geospatial data in an ESRI ArcGIS environment.
- Extract and convert geospatial data to be used in a multitude of formats that will aid in the workflows of field staff.
- Implement field staff data into a standardized geospatial environment, congruent with specific standards.
- Create and maintain geospatial models and scripts to improve efficiencies and standardize workflows using ArcGIS Modelbuilder and Python.
- Design, improve, and maintain standardized mapping documents and geospatial data.
- Build strong relationships.
- Rely on organization skills to meet project deadlines.
In addition, the candidate must be:
- Knowledgeable of GPS collection and post-processing procedures
- Knowledgeable of cartographic principles
- Knowledgeable of autocad; microstation, MS office.
Read more here:: GFIS