Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 15 Jun 2017
Position Title : Translator/Interpreter
Required Languages : Arabic, Dari, Farsi, Tamil, Rohingya, Somali and Oromo
Reference No. : CFCV/ID10/2017/037
Duty Stations : Jakarta, Medan, Pekanbaru, Tanjung Pinang, Makassar
Type of Appointment : Consultancy Contract, 60 (sixty) days with possibility of renewal
Remuneration : USD 6,000 for thirty days (all inclusives)
Estimated Start Date : 1 July 2017
Closing Date : 15 June 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Only external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. This is a request for Curricula / expression of interest for the position of Translator/Interpreter. The success candidate will be offered Consultancy contract. Applications from qualified female candidates are encouraged. 1. Nature of the Consultancy
This is a short term assignment that primarily focuses on the Consultant’s social and language skills which entails interpreting, translating, counselling and assisting in the delivery of social services to migrant populations living in community and detention centres. The role includes nationwide travel to detention centres and migrant communities in Indonesia. The Consultant is to report to IOM Project Manager and Regional Hub Coordinator/Head of respective IOM Sub-offices.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Only external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. This is a request for Curricula / expression of interest for the position of Translator/Interpreter. The success candidate will be offered Consultancy contract. Applications from qualified female candidates are encouraged.
2. Scope of Work
- Perform interpreting / translating duties for, IOM, UNHCR, Resettlement Countries, Indonesian Government Counterparts and other stakeholders dealing with irregular migration in Indonesia.
- Assist IOM field offices to deliver social services to the migrant population.
- Obtain biographical information and case histories from migrants.
- Provide counselling for migrants to ensure they are aware of their situation and rights as an irregular migrant in Indonesia.
- Ensure migrants are informed in a timely manner about relevant Australian and Indonesian government policies relating to irregular migration and other relevant news, and report back on reactions, trusted sources of information, and the push and pull factors influencing their decisions regarding irregular migration to Australia.
- Identify and inform IOM managers about vulnerable cases that may come across or become aware of their situation during the course of duties.
- Possibility of conducting Australian Cultural Orientation Classes (AUSCO) and submission of a report for conducting the classes.
Submission of the following reports:
Time sheets and Weekly activity report.
When on Travel Duty (TDY), a brief report about activities and updating the situation in the given location.
A comprehensive report at the end of contract 60 (sixty) days to be submitted before departure. 9. Other duties as assigned by Project Manager.
Tangible and Measurable Output of the Consultancy Work
Interpreting and translating for UNHCR, DIBP and Indonesian Governmen Departments.
Migrants under IOM care to undergo a brief introductory counselling session.
Identifying vulnerable cases and reporting them.
Maintain information binders containing copies of materials disseminated to migrants, and their translations.
Reporting on reactions of migrants to Australian and Indonesian government policies.
Undertake travel to other locations.
Reports: weekly, when on TDY and end of the contract report **
Performance Indicator for Evaluation of Results**
Delivery of tasks as instructed by Project Manager and based on the needs of the mission.
Satisfactory of translation and/or interpreting output as confirmed by IOM staff/officials. The performance evaluation shall be conducted at the end of assignment.
5. Code of Ethics
When interacting or performing interpreting and translation task, adhere to code of ethics and
code of conduct:
Maintain confidentiality of the clients and the agencies involved.
Required Qualifications and Experience Education & Competencies**
University Degree in Language Study, Linguistics, or other relevant fields with at least 3 (three) years of professional translating/interpreting experience, or;
Has training of certification as an Interpreter in the required language.
Effectively applies knowledge of relevant languages to deliver accurate translations in accordance with defined requirements.
Maintains confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work Experience
Has experience working with asylum seekers/refugees either in detention or refugee camp environments.
Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within a team from varied cultures and professional background.
Strong organizational and communication skills (written and spoken).
Ability to write clear and concise reports.
Proficient in computer applications. **
- Before commencing work, the Consultant will be required to submit a statement of good health signed by a certified medical doctor.
- IOM only covers the Consultant against occupational accidents and illnesses under the Compensation Plan (CP), free of charge, for the duration of the assignment. IOM does not provide evacuation or medical insurance for reasons related to non-occupational accidents and illnesses. The Consultant is responsible for his/her own medical insurance for non-occupational accident or illness.
- IOM will reimburse the cost of the visa expenses for Indonesia, round trip economy airfare ticket from home station to duty station and vice versa. Other
a) Having affiliations with existing education institutions is a clear advantage.
b) Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to send the application in ENGLISH, with:
- A letter of interest (1 page max.), clearly specify suitability, availability date and historical of consultancy fee for the similar assignment and minimum three references.
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
Please submit your application online through this link :
send by email to email@example.com, indicating the reference code above (CFCV/ID10/2017/037) as subject.
The deadline for applications is 15 June 2017.
Applicants will be contacted only if under serious consideration for the assignment.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT