Organization: World Food Programme
Closing date: 15 Jun 2017
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. We are seeking to fill a consultancy position of Project Manager Return-On-Investment, based at WFP Headquarters in Rome, Italy.
As part of the Ready-to-Respond humanitarian preparedness project a study was carried out to develop a methodology to determine the Return-on-Investment (ROI) of investments in Emergency Preparedness, funded by DFID. The project was conducted as an inter-agency initiative including WFP, UNICEF, UNHCR and OCHA, where WFP contracted the services of PwC to provide the project’s deliverables.
DFID has agreed to extend the project until December 2017 to, among other things, allow the agencies involved to further explore the use of the resulting methodology, and refine its tools and results.
The Project Manager Return-On-Investment will lead on the next phase of the project, and is expected to be involved in all stages of the new phase. This includes sensitization on the ROI methodology and results within and outside WFP, identification and coordination of methodology pilots with relevant Country Offices and Regional Bureaux (if possible in coordination with UNICEF and other UN agencies), coordination of development of training materials where applicable and the definition of a way forward for the ROI work within WFP.
The project manager will report to the WFP Chief of Preparedness.
Description of tasks/deliverables
The consultant is expected to perform the following activities:
- Manage the piloting phase of the ROI work within WFP
- Coordinate the presentation of the ROI project, methodology and results to internal and external audiences
- Identify projects for piloting phase and conduct missions to the relevant CO and RB if needed, support development of business cases based on the results
- Supervise external consultants in development of training materials and easy-to-use tools and delivery of on-the-job training as required
- Propose a strategy for using the ROI methodology within WFP after the pilot phase, ensuring a link with OSE’s Emergency Preparedness strategy
- Any other tasks related to the ROI-project as requested by his/her supervisor
Required qualifications and experience
- Over 10 years of experience working in finance and knowledge of concept of Return-On-Investment
- Experience of working in humanitarian organizations, preferably within WFP.
- Fluency in English and French, and/or Spanish.
Terms and Conditions
WFP offers a competitive compensation package which will be determined by the contract type and selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Please visit the following websites for detailed information on working with WFP.
http://www.wfp.org Click on: “Our work” and “Countries” to learn more about WFP’s operations.
Deadline for applications: 15 June 2017
Ref: VA 54281
How to apply:
Step 1: Register and create your online CV.
Step 2: Click on “View Vacancy” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NOTE: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT