Organization: UN Population Fund
Country: Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the)
Closing date: 16 Jun 2017
UNFPA Office in Lao PDR is looking for an International Consultant for Adolescent and Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRH).
Duration of the work: 3 months from July to September 2017 with possibility of extension.
Place of work: UNFPA CO in Vientiane, Lao PDR
Potential field and/or monitoring missions to Savannakhet and/or Bokeo
This specific consultancy assignment will focus on:
- Ensure effective collaboration and coordination within the Adolescent/Youth team and with other units in the CO, national counterparts, civil society, UN Agencies, technical working groups and other stakeholders on national and UNFPA programme priorities.
- Actively participate and contribute to the overall UN Joint Programme technical meetings and UNFPA Team as required and support with donor report.
- Take leadership for the office in analyzing and interpreting the political, social and economic environment, relevant to adolescent sexual and reproductive health and youth and development, and in identifying opportunities for UNFPA assistance and interventions.
- Provide oversight and technical assistance to all health related aspects for adolescents and youth, including on CSE, youth policy and adolescent girls asset framework.
- Strengthen the ASRH/YFS clinical and training guideline in 10% of health facilities in target areas by providing training to health care providers from provincial and district hospitals, including the existing referral counselling network (RCN).
- Support the technical committee and working group, including government partners across sectors and development partners from NPAs, iNGOs and Academia to initiate advocacy and community mobilization strategy. Making sure to link planned activities with SO1 of the RMNCH strategy.
- Develop supportive supervision for ASRH/YFS through integration into routine Supportive Supervision of MCHC/MOH and ensure the monitoring and evaluation mechanisms are in place from the start within the RMNCH strategy.
- Support the UN Joint Programme in keeping well informed of new policy and development frameworks, and the preparation of inputs for policy dialogues, technical assistance and development frameworks regarding adolescent and youth development including ASRH.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Post-graduate University Degree or equivalent in public health, medicine, sociology, or other related field.
- Substantive knowledge and practical experience working in the field of adolescent sexual and reproductive health (ASRH) and gender and HIV/AIDS programming.
- At least five years of working experience at national and international levels in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation, in a related field.
- Field experience in adolescent health and or work with adolescents and youth in a developing country is mandatory particularly Lao PDR would be an advantage.
- Good analytical skills and ability to interpret complex socio-cultural backgrounds as well as quickly obtain an overview of a variety of activities and approaches of national and international actors.
- Demonstrated leadership, facilitation, and team working skills and ability to establish harmonious working relations in an international and multicultural environment.
- Proven ability to transfer and enhance skills.
- Strong communications and writing skills in English.
- Experience in UN joint programming process particularly in the area of common country programming and or joint programmes would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the regional culture and practices is an added advantage.
How to apply:
All interested applicants should submit the following:
A cover letter, CV in English with Personal History Form (P11 Form) (providing details of the required experience enumerated above), listing three references and consultancy rates quoted in US Dollars.
Applications should be sent to UNFPA Office, Ban Hatsady, Lane Xang Avenue, P.O. Box 345, Vientiane (Tel: 856 21 267777, 267633) or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “**Application for a consultant for ASRH**”. To obtain full Terms of Reference or P11 form, please contact UNFPA office or download from http://lao.unfpa.org
Terms of Reference of the consultancy can be shared upon request.
We will only consider applications with complete P11 attached. UNFPA will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom UNFPA has a further interest. UNFPA reserves the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status. Notice: There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT