Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Country: Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the)
Closing date: 16 Jun 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) in Vientiane, Lao PDR, requires an experienced and qualified National Consultant to conduct Formative Research on Maternal, Infant and Young Child Nutrition and WASH practices in Lao PDR.
Duties and responsibilities:
The purpose of this consultancy is to engage a research expert to conduct a formative research study on maternal, infant and young child nutrition and WASH practices among two ethno-linguistic groups in two provinces in Lao PDR.
The selected consultant will be contracted and funded to:
• Develop and translate the research protocol, data collection instruments and consent forms based on a research plan that has already been developed (translations will be into Lao as well as other local languages as needed)
• Prepare and submit the research protocol and data collection instruments for research ethics approval and coordinate the approval process
• Train the research team members on the research protocol and on conducting the research
• Conduct and coordinate the research activities based on the research protocol
• Analyse the data collected
• Present preliminary findings to stakeholders
• Draft research report
• Submit the following:
a) Progress updates on field data collection
b) Draft research report and presentation
c) Final research report and presentation
d) All completed consent forms
e) All soft and hard copies of the data collected (including audio recordings and verbatim transcripts)
Qualifications and experience:
• Experience conducting nutrition or relevant field research in Lao PDR or similar country contexts in the region.
• Demonstrated capacity based on previous related work in the form of published materials, tools, reports, etc.
• Qualified personnel, facilities and tools to carry out the research.
• An extensive network of local data collectors and recruiters including fluency in Lao language and other local languages spoken in Houaphan and Attapeu.
• Experience conducting qualitative research studies using focus group discussions and in-depth interviews as well as analysing qualitative data.
• Experience with food attributes exercises would be considered an asset.
• Knowledge of additional language and/or French is an asset.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=505163
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT