Region: Western Virginia
This is a Full-Time, Exempt position.
Number of Openings: 1 (Open until filled)
Background: Northwest Hardwoods is the premier Hardwood Lumber producer in the industry serving the furniture, cabinet, molding and millwork segments worldwide. We operate manufacturing operations throughout the United States.
Key Functions: As a member of the Virginia Operations procurement staff supplying logs to 2 sawmills, you will be responsible for operation of the Amherst logyard. Reporting directly to the Procurement manager, you will:
- purchase logs within strategic guidelines
- manage all day-to-day and administrative activities of the yard
- help maintain target inventories
- manage and promote positive supplier relationships
- You will personally promote and encourage a safe working environment for yourself, your fellow employees, your suppliers and contractors.
- Forestry or Associate Forestry degree with at least 3 years of practical log procurement experience.
- Competent computer skills
- Ability to work a long, flexible schedule mostly outdoors.
- Capable of working both in a team environment and alone with little supervision.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong commitment to personal, team, and supplier/contractor safety.
- Strong skills in problem solving, ability to work through conflict.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Ability to develop peer-to-peer relationships.
- Heavy equipment experience is a plus.
Read more here:: GFIS