Organization: The International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies
Closing date: 16 Jun 2017
FIIAPP is a foundation of the State public sector whose activities, characterised by the absence of profit and the pursuit of the general interest, is framed in the field of international cooperation aimed at the institutional modernisation, for the reform of Public Administrations and the attainment of democratic governance.
According to its mission, the Foundation has been awarded the Delegation Agreement “Support to the reform of the Myanmar police force” project funded by the European Union.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to a more preventive, balanced and professional approach of law enforcement agencies, based on international best practices and respect for human rights.
The project is seeking a Communications Assistant who can support the project team in internal and external communications along the project implementation. The job holder will support a variety of day-to-day communication and visibility tasks along with the International Communications Officer. He/she will be expected to produce high-quality communications materials in Burmese, help to organize press events, contribute to online communications, and act as a media liaison with the local press. He/she will also contribute to the internal communications between the two project offices in Yangon and Nay Pyi Taw.
- DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICES TO BE DEVELOPED.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Team Leader and Communications Officer, the Communications Assistant will develop the following tasks:
- Assist in the implementation of the Visibility and Communication Strategy and actions plans of the project.
- Support the information and data collection and maintenance of information database and photo library.
- Development of relevant information and communication products (dissemination materials, leaflets, brochures, etc.).
- Draft and edit messages, articles and texts for local audiences, including traditional and social media.
- Support the establishment of a database with relevant national and international media staff and journalists in Myanmar.
- Contribute to improved media relations e.g. interacting with journalists, preparing suitable messages, press releases, info packages, briefings, articles and background papers.
- Track press coverage of the priority issues and the project in general, and build highly targeted press lists for priority issues.
- Assist in planning, organizing and pitching of high quality events with press coverage.
- Respond to other matters as needed and assigned in collaboration with the International Communications Officer and Key Expert in Civil Society and Media.
How to apply:
Interested parties who meet the requirements defined in these terms of reference can be sent its proposal to the following e-mail address:
We request an electronic CV to be e-mailed to the attention of both addresses below indicating on the title in the subject “Communications Assistant”:
Azucena Martínez Asenjo, Deputy Team Leader: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tania Gómez Carrión, Project Officer: email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications: 16th of June, 2017 at 17.00h (Myanmar time)
University degree in Journalism, Communications Science, Social media or marketing, Public Relations or related issues;
At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in above mentioned areas, must be acquired in a similar position, in the field of external and/or internal communications, marketing, public relations, information and/or media;
Burmese native speaker;
Fluency in spoken and written English;
Excellent writing and editing skills (English and Burmese);
High levels of awareness of the sensitivity of the project issues;
Full computer literacy, including Web Design Programming, Power Point, Excel and Photoshop.
Specific experience in management of communication and social media networking for large international non-governmental organisations or agencies within international donor-funded projects
Experience as journalist or editor for national media in Myanmar
Experience in developing of online communication (website design and management) and management of social media.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV