Skeena Sawmills Ltd. operates a sawmill in Terrace, British Columbia and conducts forest operations in the Coast Mountains Resource District. We are currently seeking to fill the position of Operations Supervisor.
The Operations Supervisor will oversee forest operations on company tenures, with a focus on safety, efficiency, and productivity as it relates to Skeena’s road construction, harvesting and hauling operations.
Specific responsibilities of the position:
• Ensure operations are conducted safely and to high environmental standards;
• Provide direction and supervision to contractors to ensure compliance with approved plans and regulatory requirements;
• Administer and manage contracts with a focus on cost, quality, and production;
• Assist in coordinating, planning, and scheduling of log flow to meet log delivery and inventory targets;
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of rate models to manage costs and maximize value;
• Assist with the preparation and implementation of annual operating plans, budgets, and delivery forecasts related to forest operations; and,
• Maintain effective relationships with contractors, suppliers, First Nations, government agencies, and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong leadership skills and be able to identify and reduce risk throughout company operations;
• Two or more years of operational forestry experience and be a Registered Professional Forester or a Registered Forest Technologist in good standing, or eligible for registration with the ABCFP;
• Strong negotiation, organizational, communication skills, and the ability to work independently and embrace accountability; and,
• A solid understanding of pertinent regulations and best practices.
Terrace is a vibrant community of 15,000 residents in Northwest B.C. and offers affordable housing and a full suite of facilities, services and recreational opportunities. Many outdoor activities such as skiing (downhill/backcountry/cross-country), snowmobiling, boating, camping, hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, ATV-ing, and world renowned salmon and steelhead fishing are located right at your doorstep.
Read more here:: GFIS