Zavisha Sawmills Ltd., a third generation family business that was started in 1943, has as their corporate mission to be a quality lumber producer, profitable integrated forest products Corporation that converts forest resources into competitive and innovative quality products for customers, while protecting the environment and creating a positive long-term social, cultural and economic benefit for the region and its people, employees and shareholders. Today, most of Zavisha’s production is sold to the North American and Japanese Markets. Zavisha produces and develops a wide range of quality products based on the on-time demands of its customers, allowing us to be nimble and responsive to market changes.
As an integral member of the Zavisha Sawmills Team, the Plant Maintenance Lead is responsible for developing and maintaining a system of mechanical maintenance activities, ensuring the quality of maintenance repairs and the safety of those under their control. This role will focus on leading the maintenance team in mechanical time loss elimination, risk management and life cycle asset management. The ideal candidate will comply with all policies and report any issues that may harm the people, environment, information or product.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, implementing and coordinating maintenance work orders and schedules, as required, to maintain and optimize best practices for equipment performance and business requirements;
- Using preventative maintenance practices (TPM) and strategies to effectively respond to breakdowns, maximizing the (OEE) availability of equipment based on business needs, within budget;
- Preparing short, medium and long-term maintenance plans in alignment with business objectives;
- Analyzing and interpreting maintenance trends and variances, and initiating required corrective action;
- Providing leadership for best maintenance practices;
- Planning and coordinating shutdowns with internal and external clients in order to ensure the timely allocation of resources;
- Analyzing past records and history to forecast future needs and compiling annual budgets for plant maintenance;
- Developing solutions for repetitive failures and all other problems that adversely affect operations;
- Developing and maintaining a critical parts inventory;
- Directing team members to achieve individual and team objectives and assessing team member performance and implementing behaviour correcting measures if required;
- Developing and implementing training programs to ensure that team members are suitably trained to achieve requirements; and
- Ensuring all safety, health, environment and legal standards are met and maintained.
- Interprovincial Trades certificate with related experience;
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in plant maintenance, at a supervisory level;
- Certification in Six Sigma, Lean Management or TPM is considered an asset;
- Strong communication, organization, time management skills and excited about a challenge; and
- The ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is comfortable leading change and enjoys working in a team environment.
Located approximately 25 km north-west of Fairview, Alberta in the Village of Hines Creek, Zavisha Sawmills is the employer that offers you the chance to live, where everyone else goes to get away from it all.
Read more here:: GFIS