Reporting to the Electrical Team Lead, the Process Control Coordinator will be responsible for designing electrical, instrumentation and control systems in support of plant operations and maintenance activities. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Configuring and developing industrial computer network systems for HMI and PLC systems.
- Optimizing the facility’s process control systems as well as improving reliability of the process systems.
- Supervising and performing HMI, VFD and PLC programming.
- Performing field startup tasks.
- Coordinating instrumentation calibration and maintenance support.
- Supporting the operations and maintenance groups during normal and abnormal plant operation.
- Updating CAD drawings for process and instrumentation diagrams.
- Maintaining of equipment and/or process related software.
- Participating in an on-call system designed to provide resources to production team during off hours.
Our ideal candidate will have a diploma/degree in Instrumentation Technology or Electrical Engineering with Professional Engineering status coupled with a minimum of 3 years’ experience with process control and instrumentation. Experience working with smart field devices, Allen Bradley CLX (motion control), and PLC5 PLCs, VFDs and instrumentation such as control valves, process analyzers, flow, pressure and temperature transmitters as well as PID and tuning controls are areas considered in the selection process. Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills, oral and written communication skills are necessary.
Read more here:: GFIS