Operate a Skidder in a safe and efficient manner. Must skid logs within the spectrum of the current environmental laws. Must also be able to construct and maintain skid and minor truck roads with the same mindset.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Rubber Skidder Operator position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed to meet changing business needs.
• Safely maneuver the skidder through the forest on moderate slopes and rough terrain, following pre-determined trails
• Ability to hook and unhook logs
• Ability to pull logs to the road with minimal damage to soils and standing trees
• Communicate safe machine and log movement instructions using a radio and hand signals
• Maintain basic machine service, refueling, diagnostics and minor repairs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
• Minimum of 1 year “hands on” experience
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Valid Oregon State Driver’s License to drive company vehicles
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
• This position is located in Klamath Falls, Oregon.
• Ability to climb ladders, stairs and work in tight spaced and around moving equipment, work in dark, dusty, and or high, windy environments.
• Must maintain punctual and regular attendance at all times.
• Requires the use of standard safety equipment in regulation with Oregon Operations.
• This position is a Physical and Mental Requirement Classification 7.
Read more here:: GFIS