Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 21 Jun 2017
Position Title : Procurement and Logistics Officer (Two Positions)
Duty Station : Bentiu, South Sudan
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P2
Type of Appointment : Special short-term graded, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 21 June 2017
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following candidates are considered as first-tier candidates:
1. Internal candidates
2. Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Antigua and Barbuda, Benin, Bahamas, Botswana, Belize, Congo, Cabo Verde, Djibouti, Micronesia (Federated States of), Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Iceland, Cambodia, Comoros, Lesotho, Luxembourg, Libya, Montenegro, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Maldives, Namibia, Nauru,
Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Seychelles, Slovenia, Suriname, El Salvador, Swaziland, Timor-Leste, Trinidad and Tobago, Holy See, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Venezuela (Bolivarian Republic of), Vanuatu, Samoa
Under the overall guidance of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Head of Office for Bentiu and technical supervision of the Head of Logistics and Common Services in Juba, the successful candidate will be accountable and responsible for ensuring the appropriate implementation of instructions and policies governing the management of resources related to procurement and logistics in the mission.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Manage and conduct overall Procurement & Logistical actions of the sub-office, including: Property and Assets Control, Supply, Service/Maintenance, Contractual agreements, Management of Common Transport Services (CTS), Administration and Management of IOM fuel depot, Fleet Management for LDVs, earth moving equipment, generators and Administration support for common workshop.
Liaise with Project Managers and Head of Sub-Office regarding all Procurement, Logistics and service requirements, in order to consolidate procurement (or service) requirements and optimize purchasing power; generate reports for donor reporting as necessary, propose and implement strategic adjustments towards increasing the effectiveness and accuracy of all Procurement & Logistic procedures.
Take responsibility for all planning, implementation and monitoring aspects related to procurement and logistical needs of Bentiu sub-Office.
Analyse procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor’s performance regarding quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the organizations best interests.
Follow-up on purchase orders status and keep project managers abreast of estimated time of delivery or any changes that may affect or modify the pre-determined delivery conditions; ensure all expected merchandise is received in accordance with PO specifications, and that all goods are in good condition.
In close collaboration with RMO ensure that appropriate funds are available for any purchase; ensure that payments are processed promptly and adequately; ensure receipts are received when payment is conducted in cash.
Prepare property lease contracts and rental agreements in coordination with Legal Department in HQs; ensure that finance unit is aware of contractual terms and conditions. Monitors owner’s compliance to contractual agreements; when identified in the leases, coordinates for payment of utilities.
Ensure that appropriate record is kept on assets disposal, ensure assets are located accordingly and used in IOM’s best interest, regularly upgrade asset inventory list.
Direct and supervise warehouse management practices, in order to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss, control supply chain and stock and monitor consumable materials and share regular stock reports with PM and advise on reorder level.
Ensure safe running condition and overall maintenance of all IOM Bentiu LDVs fleet, earthmoving equipment and generators; monitor accuracy of records according to the Vehicle Log Book, Servicing/Maintenance records, Fuel receipt/dispatches and fleet consumption rates, monitor consumable spare parts requirements to replenish them in a timely manner.
Manage, train and supervise procurement and logistics staff dedicated to the above duties and responsibilities.
Maintain and update databases of preferred vendors.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Progressive responsible experience in procurement and logistics operations;
• Experience working in complex humanitarian operations, specifically meeting timelines;
• Experience living and working in a conflict environment;
• Knowledge of asset management processes and procedures;
• Ability to supervise, direct, coach and mentor staff;
• Excellent level of computer literacy and good knowledge of SAP/PRISM required.
Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
• Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms;
• Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders;
• Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others;
• Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
• Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services;
• Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others;
• Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
• Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter;
• Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation;
• Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
• Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 21 June 2017 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
For further information, please refer to:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application on your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
From 08.06.2017 to 21.06.2017
Requisition: SVN 2017/109 (P) -Procurement&LogisticsOfficer(2Positions)(P2)-Bentiu,SouthSudan
Posting: Posting NC55082029 (55082029) Released
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT