Organization: UN Population Fund
Country: South Sudan
Closing date: 20 Jun 2017
I. Duties and Responsibilities
Working with the team of MOH and State MOH, the RHCS/FP NPPP will carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
Provide technical support to the State MOH and humanitarian implementing partners in forecasting/ quantification, requisitioning, storage/ warehousing, distribution, logistics management information management (LMIS), M&E, and coordination.
Actively participate in the establishment and/or strengthening of State RH/RHCS/FP forums/networks, focusing on Commodity Security (CS), and ensure that CS remains a priority on the agenda.
Raise awareness among implementing partners as well as community leaders for improved RH service delivery including family planning, post-abortion care, sexually transmitted infections/ HIV, sexual and gender based violence.
Represent and participate actively in all initiatives and meetings pertaining to RHCS/FP at MOH and SMOH, including the RH Working Group and Health Cluster meetings.
Provide support for and liaise with other UN agencies to help coordinate RHCS/FP and supply chain management system activities and effective implementation of joint projects.
Work with supply chain focal points of the MOH, SMOH and implementing partners to investigate reported stock-outs, stock discrepancy, and theft/ pilferage, and take immediate action to remedy these situations.
Work closely with the SMOH and RH partners to optimize commodity distribution and facilitate information exchange, with a particular emphasis on contraceptives and other RH commodities.
Support and build the capacity of the State MOH and implementing partners in the collection, reporting, analysis and use of family planning and logistics data for decision-making and for M&E.
Assist in the dissemination of national guidelines, protocols and IEC material for improved RH and family planning service delivery.
Collaborate with implementing partners in community sensitisation on family planning and other topical RH/HIV/GBV topics as per needs and identified gaps and initiative should be provider driven.
Regularly undertake monitoring missions/ supportive supervision to medical warehouses to assess RH commodities stock status and storage conditions, and prepare substantive reports of the missions and follow up on administrative actions.
Provide oversight for monthly warehouse physical inventory stock counts and logistics indicators assessments.
Ensure quarterly reporting of contraceptive stock status by the State Ministry of Health and Implementing Partners in respective States and targeted Service Delivery Points through continuous monitoring of the pipeline, and regularly inform UNFPA Country Office on the contraceptive stock status situation.
Assist in collection, collation and documentation of RHCS interventions within the States and share lessons learned and success stories for improved programming, advocacy work.
Provide technical support in development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of policies, strategies, and programs related to RHCS and supply chain.
Provide support for preparation of technical and financial reports for internal and external users, including preparation of documents to assess progress of implementation;
Ensure functional flow of information through effective use of all communication media: written, verbal and electronic.
Improve the visibility of UNFPA in humanitarian work and assist in RH programming for improved response.
Participate in the evaluation and periodic technical reviews of the program
Undertake any other assignments that may be given by the UNFPA Representative, State Minister of SMOH or Undersecretary of MOH.
II. Essential Qualifications and Experience
- · A Masters or MSc Degree in Public Health and with one year and above work experience in the implementation of public health programmes, experience in pharmaceutical supply chain management systems will be an added advantage;
- · Extensive knowledge and experience in supply chain management systems (forecasting, inventory control, storage and distribution) of pharmaceutical products/supplies and Family Planning programs is desirable;
- · Knowledge of UNFPA programming processes, proposal/project development and monitoring and evaluation, and program management skills desirable but not required;
- · Excellent command of oral and written English;
- · Willingness and capability to undertake duty travel to counties;
- · Courtesy, tact and the ability to function in a multi-cultural work environment;
- · Full fluency in English is required
- · Fluency in Arabic languages is an added advantage
Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN System;
Embracing cultural diversity;
Developing and applying professional expertise/business acumen;
Thinking analytically and strategically;
Working in teams/ managing ourselves and our relationships;
Communicating for impact.
Advocacy/Advancing a policy-oriented agenda;
Leveraging the resources of national governments and partners/ building strategic alliances and partnerships;
Delivering results-based programmes;
Internal and external communication and advocacy for results mobilization.
How to apply:
- Applicants should submit their applications only through email (electronically). Please send your cover letter and P11 (www.unfpa.org/resources/p11-un-personal-history-form) and other supporting documents by e-mail to SSCO.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please highlight clearly the position for which you are applying.
- Deadline for applications: 20 June 2017, 11:59pm.
- We will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom the Country Office has further interest.
- UNFPA is committed to maintain balanced gender distribution of the positions and therefore encourages women to apply.
- UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
- UNFPA offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience.
- IMPORTANT: There is NO application processing or other fees at any stage of UNFPA application processes.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT