Organization: World Food Programme
Country: Syrian Arab Republic
Closing date: 26 Jun 2017
Re-advertisement of VA032/2017
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
From 12 June 2017 till 26 June 2017
CONTRACT DURATION AND TYPE
Duration: One year
Type: Fixed Term GS4
Duty Station : Homs
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. WFP pursues a vision of the world in which every man, woman and child has access at all times to the food needed for an active and healthy life. The Office of the United Nations World Food Programme in Syria is currently seeking a qualified Storekeeper based in Homs
To handle receipt/dispatch and verification of commodities in order to maximize quality of warehouse operations and mitigate losses, and to support the best storage management practices in compliance with WFP warehouse standards and established guidelines.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Effectively receive/dispatch commodities including transhipment (truck to truck) against official approved documentation (e.g. waybills and/or delivery notes) ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities including the quality in compliance with the established standards.
- Prepare, verify and sign off warehouse and transport documents, and maintain confidential files and accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements.
- Perform daily inspections and prepare reports on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect promptly and analyze reasons for stock discrepancies/damages, investigate missing quantity and prepare warehouse loss reports recommending appropriate solutions, to enable informed decision-making.
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures and authorization received from the supervisor.
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards.
Provide guidance and on-the-job training to warehouse staff to contribute to their development and high performance.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Language: Fluency (level C) in Arabic and English.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
At least three years of progressively responsible support experience.
Experience using logistics databases to extract routine report
Experience in managing warehouses with food and NFIs.
Experience in managing inventories.
Experience in processing invoices.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please upload your Cv in English
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted
Candidates must get an auto confirmation e-mail once applying
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT