Organization: International Organization for Migration
Closing date: 16 Jun 2017
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position Title: International Consultant
Duty Station: Tunis, Tunisia_office based position
Type of Appointment: Consultancy contract for 4 months
Organizational Unit: CT/AVRR/Protection of migrants
Estimated Start Date: ASAP_June 2017
Organizational Context and Scope:
Established in 1951, the UN agency for Migration – IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), under the direct supervision of the CT/AVR Project gram Manager in Tunis and direct technical guidance of the Project Manager based in Rabat (Morocco) and in close collaboration with project gram managers of relevant operational units within IOM Tunisia, and MHD in Cairo and Geneva/Headquarters, the International Consultant will assist in the good implementation of the regional Project “Health and Well-being among Migrants” in Tunisia, as well as in the promotion, coordination, oversight, development and implementation of all IOM migration & health activities in Tunisia, in programme areas of MHD: Health Promotion and Health Assistance for vulnerable migrants.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
In particular he/she will:
Be responsible for the good and effective implementation of the regional Health Project activities in Tunisia, as per the objectives and project work plan;
Coordinate, plan and attend conferences, seminars and workshops on health and migration, as per the objectives and work plan of the regional Health project;
Coordinate and implement the Third Summer School on migration and health (September 11-16, 2017);
Coordinate the implementation and monitoring mechanisms related to the medical assistance provided by IOM and reference / orientation of vulnerable cases in the Project, both in the Greater Tunis and in the southern region of Tunisia, in synergy with all relevant national partners and civil society;
Provide support to the implementation of IOM Tunisia activities linked to health, including research, education and training on health and migration;
Suggest ways to integrate health within other IOM programmes where relevant, such as protection of migrants and counter-trafficking programmes, emergency preparedness, Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) and resettlement programes;
Assist in the development of a strategic plan for migration & health programming focusing on migrants health needs;
Collect, compile and analyze data on health issues in Tunisia from IOM programme areas and undertake health situation and trends assessment of important health problems, and identify needs in targeted areas;
Ensure that all relevant data on health issues gathered through IOM projects’ activities in collaboration with partners are consolidated, analyzed and/or published as necessary;
Provide periodic reports and technical updates on all migration & health activities, achievements, constraints, as well as strategic needs for IOM Tunisia;
Assist in strengthening the capacity of IOM implementing partners in the field of health including WASH to ensure that gaps in migration & health initiatives are addressed;
Works effectively with Ministry of Health at central level, relevant UN agencies, NGO and government focal points for Health issues, HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health and WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene), in order to secure the inclusion of migration & health as a specific concern at all relevant levels;
In coordination with the supervisor, participate in relevant clusters and working groups related to health, HIV/AIDS and WASH.
Provide all the necessary inputs for IOM contribution to the UN Thematic Group on Social Protection of the UNDAF Health component, and act as IOM focal point for the JUNTA, within UNCT;
Document/disseminate effective practice materials in close collaboration with the IOM Tunisia Mission, Regional Migration Health Unit and MHD Geneva as appropriate;
Produce written articles, communiqués de presse, reports and other visibility material for IOM, external partners and stakeholders, as required;
Participate in the development of new proposals for health-related projects for IOM Tunisia or for regional projects
Ensure discretion and confidentiality regarding the personal data of all Project’s beneficiaries, in line with IOM Data Protection Principles.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Establishes and maintains confident relationships with migrants.
- Follows all relevant procedures, process and policies.
- Meets deadline, cost and quality requirements for outputs.
- Actively shares relevant information and Keeps clients informed of developments
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of all clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems.
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions.
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions.
- Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
Education & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Management, Political, Social Sciences or Business Administration, or Health Management from an accredited academic institution; or University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in the field of health and migration, migrant assistance and humanitarian activities targeting returnees and vulnerable migrants;
- Experience in complex humanitarian emergency environment;
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national/international institutions;
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relations with Government counterparts, UN agencies and/or non-governmental organizations;
- Experience in project Management and training;
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Fluency in French and in English,
Good knowledge of Arabic is an advantage.
How to apply:
The UN agency for Migration – IOM Tunisia is looking for an International Consultant according to the terms of reference stipulated below. Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications (in English) PHF/CVs and cover letter specifying the motivation for applications to Tunisrecruitment@iom.int no later than 16 June 2017; indicating the reference code in the subject.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT