Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Country: United States of America
Closing date: 21 Jun 2017
UNICEF’s role in planning, measuring, tracking, and reporting results for children requires the ability to gather, integrate, and share information between multiple actors. The demands for real-time information and problem solving with partners is vital to this process, especially in humanitarian action. While some country offices have attempted to address these needs individually in the past, eTools is the only institutionally supported platform built for this purpose.
eTools is a platform designed and built by UNICEF to strengthen the way it works with partners in managing results for children. eTools development follows a phased and modular approach to software development, with releases based on an agreed set of prioritized modules and features. eTools is a suite of applications that is being custom developed in-house using an open source and agile software development approach. With eTools being incrementally introduced to country offices throughout 2017-2018, the need for a scalable approach to agile project management is vital.
More on eTools can be found here: http://etoolsinfo.unicef.org/
The eTools team seeks an experience product manager to lead on product scoping, design, quality assurance, and implementation readiness of the eTools global transformation initiative.
DUTIES AND DELIVERABLES
The eTools Product Manager will be working closely with the Global Project Manager and Engineering leads to ensure eTools is thoroughly scoped, designed, and tested to meet the needs of UNICEF country offices and stakeholders. The eTools Product Manager will combine strong product design and architecture, business analysis, and project management discipline while shepherding eTools product development from requirements gathering to Go Live readiness. Specific duties:
- Develop and maintain the eTools product roadmap
- Guide Business Technology Associates during business requirements development and lead on standards and development of technical specifications with the Engineering team lead
- Guide and advocate for the implementation of innovative user experience design work throughout eTools
- Manage relationships between various business owners and super users throughout scoping, testing, and implementation exercises
- Ensure that adequate test coverage is provided throughout all eTools feature sets
- Support engineering teams during development phases in clarifying business requirements and problem solving alternate approaches to technically complex requirements
- Liaise with eTools rollout team members in capturing user feedback and incorporating high value requirements into future product enhancements
- Minimum 6+ years of product management experience in a software development, technical integration or business operations environment, with a proven track record of interfacing with multiple levels of the organization
- Product Management experience in at least 2 product teams a must
- Excellent and purposefully demonstrated understanding of the Project Lifecycle and the inherent responsibilities as a project manager utilizing industry standard methodologies – waterfall, iterative (Agile, RUP)
- Experience collaborating across multiple functions and working with operational SMEs, technical resources/ infrastructure and architecture teams
- Excellent communication & presentation skills (written & verbal) across multiple audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced matrix environment including managing across multiple geographies, functions & organizations often outside ‘standard’ working hours
- Experience in various frameworks and methodologies such as: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe); Lean, Scrum, KP, Kanban
- Master degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field required.Undergraduate degree with additional work experience will be considered.
- Fluency in English (written & verbal) is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (French, Arabic, Chinese, Russian and Spanish) is considered an asset
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified candidates should submit acover letter explaining what makes you suitable for this position including a daily rate for professional services (all-inclusive). Any travel required as part of this consultancy will be organized and paid by UNICEF directly as per UNICEF travel policies.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=505206
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT