STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator will perform activities related to grant research, management and writing. The Coordinator will be tasked with researching grant opportunities, writing grant applications; updating records, compiling and utilizing program and demographic data to support applications, and completing grant reports.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Developing and writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, persuasively communicating the organization’s mission and programs to potential funders;
- Assembling and submitting grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets, and presentations;
- Establishing and maintaining personal contact and relationships with foundation contacts and program officers;
- Ensuring prompt acknowledgement of foundation gifts;
- Maintaining calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports;
- Conducting prospect research;
- Prioritizing projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meeting deadlines and managing supplemental material required for proposals
- Providing writing support for major donor and individual contribution letters and acknowledgement;
- Updating and maintain grant records on Bloomerang fundraising software.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs other functions, as needed to achieve fundraising and development goals of the agency.
- This statement sets forth the basic tasks and duties of the job, but is not intended to provide a detailed description of all functions that may be required to perform the job satisfactorily.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The successful candidate will be able to craft funding proposals in a clear and compelling manner.
- Excellent writing, analytical, and research skills are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly-organized. .
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and able to successfully create and nurture relationships with donors, volunteers and staff.
- Must have experience using online databases and other sources to locate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
- A high level of computer literacy required, familiarity with Bloomerang and Foundation Center databases a plus.
- Candidates must possess an ability to work well under pressure and the ability to seek and synthesize information and communicate in a compelling and succinct form using common sense understanding.
- A solid understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals and grants.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 -5 years of relevant experience required.
- Must be able to work under stress and in fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work under conditions, which require sitting, standing, walking, reaching, bending and stooping.
- Must be able to work some nights or weekends.
- Reasonable accommodation will be provided to qualified individuals with a disability, as necessary.
The Grants reports to the Director of Development.
Part-time/Non-Exempt: 25 hours weekly.
- Email resume and cover letter to: Employment.CASARR@gmail.com.
- Please include salary requirements.
- No phone calls, please.
Read more here:: CNPE