Time Commitment:35.5 hours per week
Reports to:Personnel Committee Revised Date:June 30, 2017
Summary: The main purpose of this position is to support clients in the Life Plan program by building relationships with them and monitoring their progress and adherence to our policies and procedures. This position also is responsible for building partnerships with colleges and trade schools where they can recommend Mom’s Closet to students and/or building partnerships with other community resources as well as awareness of Mom’s Closet in the community.
- Build relationships with clients, providing them with support and fulfilling their needs:
- Assistance with school (books, registration, etc.), housing and employment
- Keeping prayer requests on clients and their families.
- Maintain records for each client, including all programs and resources used to ensure that all policies and procedures are followed. This includes weekly report of pantry visits, phone conversations, financial requests (gas cards, LG&E, etc.), extra assistance provided to the client; completing payment request forms and distributing those checks.
- Interview and perform intake evaluation of potential clients.
- Assign sponsors to clients and provide reports to sponsors, accounting for funds spent and program information. This also is entered into the DonorSnap database.
- Support Executive Director in planning and implementing fundraising and support programs, such as:
- Back to School (shoes- Shoe Carnival; Uniforms- shop with donations…prior to shopping, gather list of kid’s sizes, school uniform colors)
- Holiday Basket sponsors
- Extra Activities – such as ball games (e.g., U of L); Pool Party; Easter Egg Hunt; Halloween Party; etc.
- Support Executive Director in developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Research and build partnerships with colleges and trade school and/or other community resources.
- Assist Executive Director in building awareness of MCRC in the community by writing articles, attending meetings and special events and giving presentations.
- Update databases, financial records, inventories, and other general office duties, as needed.
- Assist in stocking/restocking pantry.
- Work with volunteers.
Education and Experience
- Associates degree and two years of experience in a similar field OR four years of experience in a similar field.
- Computer skills: proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience using databases, doing data entry, queries, reports, etc. preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Household budgeting skills
- Marketing experience is preferred
- Presentation skills preferred
- Ability to nurture and empower others
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
Number of people required to fill this position: 2 full time people (one each for 10-12 moms)
To apply email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more here:: CNPE