Organization: International Centre for Migration Policy Development
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017
Vacancy Announcement VA17P069V01
EU-India Cooperation and Dialogue on Migration and Mobility
Posting date: 02.08.2018
Deadline for applications: 24.08.2017
Duty station: Brussels, Belgium
Start date: 01.09.2017
Contract duration: 36 months
Eligible nationalities: All nationalities, residents of Belgium
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), an international organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the above-mentioned position.
In view of strengthening the EU-India migration and mobility dialogue and cooperation, ICMPD will implement a project to support the implementation of the EU-India Common Agenda on Migration and Mobility (CAMM) and its annex of actions, as well as the EU-India High Level Dialogue on Migration and Mobility (HLDMM), which provides the overall steering of the implementation of the CAMM.
The project aims to promote the EU’s and India’s mutual interest in jointly addressing the global challenges caused by irregular migration while harnessing the positive economic and social potential of legal migration. The project also seeks to strengthen cooperation along the four priority areas of the EU Global Approach to Migration and Mobility (GAMM), including better organising legal migration, preventing and combatting irregular migration and addressing trafficking of human beings, international protection, and development impact of migration and mobility.
The successful candidate will work as Project Assistant of the above project and will be responsible for preparing and organising project activities, conferences, meetings, workshops and missions. The incumbent will be the main person dealing with the logistics of project activities, including internal administering of finances and operations. The Project Assistant will ideally also assist with compiling and structuring background information for preparatory documents, reports and presentations. The incumbent should be a strong networker and liaise with ease with partners and collaborators in an international environment.
The Project Assistant reports to the Project Manager based in Brussels.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Organises meetings, conferences, workshops and other project activities; prepares invitations; identifies and organises venue, accommodation, travel and transportation; arranges translation/interpretation as well as necessary audio/visual equipment;
- Maintains the day-to-day communication with national stakeholders and partners in view of the event organisation;
- Processes travel, recruitment and procurement requests and claims in SAP;
- Prepares missions (logistics and content);
- Support the development of Terms of Reference (ToR) for technical assistance and prepares contracts of short-term experts (STEs);
- Supports grant arrangements and contracts for civil society organisations (CSOs);
- Monitors regularly project expenditures, ensures that budget allocations are not exceeded and expenses correctly allocated. Identifies resource deficiencies and informs project manager;
- Assists in preparation of reports and strategic documents; collects and structures data;
- Assists in the preparation of speeches and presentations (using different presentation tools, such as PowerPoint and Prezi) for conferences and other events when needed;
- Maintains and updates the project website regularly;
- Performs any other duties as required.
- University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in business administration, international relations/administration or related field.
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience, preferably at the international level.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Excellent and proven organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience in procurement and/or travel management, preferably in an international setting;
- High flexibility, ability to work under time pressure, to prioritise multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Understanding of migration issues and/or experience with India would be an asset;
- Excellent oral and written command of English;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Prezi including different presentation tools;
- Experience in SAP or other common ERP systems is an asset.
ICMPD Core Values
- Commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD offers an attractive remuneration package, and participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund and Health Insurance Scheme. Additional benefits include six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, a dependency rate.
This post is for local recruitment only.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies.
Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in this vacancy announcement. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held from 28.08.2017 to 01.09.2017. Testing may be part of the recruitment process.
For enquiries and/or technical support, please contact ICMPD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICMPD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
ICMPD is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. ormal’>
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT