Organization: International Centre for Migration Policy Development
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017
Vacancy Announcement VA17P068V01
EU-India Cooperation and Dialogue on Migration and Mobility
Posting date: 02.08.2017
Deadline for applications: 24.08.2017
Duty station: Brussels, Belgium
Start date: 01.09.2017
Contract duration: 36 months
Eligible nationalities: All Nationalities
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), an international organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the above-mentioned position.
In view of strengthening the EU-India migration and mobility dialogue and cooperation, ICMPD will implement a project to support the implementation of the EU-India Common Agenda on Migration and Mobility (CAMM) and its annex of actions, as well as the EU-India High Level Dialogue on Migration and Mobility (HLDMM), which provides the overall steering of the implementation of the CAMM.
The project aims to promote the EU’s and India’s mutual interest in jointly addressing the global challenges caused by irregular migration while harnessing the positive economic and social potential of legal migration. The project also seeks to strengthen cooperation along the four priority areas of the EU Global Approach to Migration and Mobility (GAMM), including better organising legal migration, preventing and combatting irregular migration and addressing trafficking of human beings, international protection, and development impact of migration and mobility
The successful candidate will work as Project Manager of the above project and will have the overall responsibility for the implementation of the project, including taking responsibility for the design and implementation of activities, coordination of technical assistance and short-term experts, monitoring and reporting, coordination and management of relationships with the European Commission, implementation partners, beneficiary and other stakeholders.
The incumbent should be a strong networker and liaise with ease with partners and collaborators in an international environment. The Project Manager reports to the Regional Coordinator – Silk Routes, based in Vienna, and coordinates with the Head of ICMPD Brussels Office.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Regional Coordinator – Silk Routes, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Undertakes the overall responsibility for the implementation of the project, including the design of activities and the coordination of the technical and financial implementation;
- Provides support to the implementation of the EU-India Common Agenda on Migration and Mobility and the development of its annex of actions;
- Manages relationships and the day-to-day communication with the donor, partners and relevant stakeholders;
- Closely monitors and coordinates the effective implementation of project activities with the donor and partners;
- Coordinates technical assistance and short term experts (STEs) and provides for supervision and quality control of STEs;
- Provides technical input and advice to the beneficiary, the EU and other relevant stakeholders;
- Prepares research and draft analytical inputs to workshops and meetings such as briefs and background papers;
- Prepares speeches and presentations (using different presentation tools, such as PowerPoint and Prezi) for meetings and conferences;
- Regularly monitors project expenditures, ensures that budget allocations are not exceeded;
- Drafts narrative project reports and coordinates the financial reporting with the responsible Resource Management Officer;
- Represents ICMPD at conferences, seminars and workshops as needed;
- Performs any other duties as required.
- Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in international relations, law, development studies, economics, social or political science, migration studies or related field.
- A minimum of seven years relevant work experience at the national or international level;
- A minimum of three years project management experience;
- Experience with the implementation of project budgets and monitoring of expenditures.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Substantial knowledge of international migration and mobility;
- Excellent oral and written command of English, including the ability to prepare background papers, policy briefs, project reports and presentations;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, adaptability and flexibility;
- Demonstrated diplomatic and political understanding as well as networking skills;
- Analytical and drafting capacity – capacity to independently prepare reports and presentations;
- Good organisational skills including managing conflicting priorities and working with tight deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds;
- Previous experience with governmental and international organisations is an asset;
- Understanding of migration issues and/or experience with India is an asset.
ICMPD Core Values
- Commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD offers an attractive remuneration package, and participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund and Health Insurance Scheme. Additional benefits include six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, a dependency rate.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies.
Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in this vacancy announcement. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held from 28.08.2017 to 01.09.2017. Testing may be part of the recruitment process.
For enquiries and/or technical support, please contact ICMPD at email@example.com.
ICMPD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade. ICMPD is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. pan>
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT