Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Position
The Resource Mobilization and Partnerships Officer is accountable for the accomplishment of the stated key end-results by providing professional expertise and assistance in fundraising, with a strong focus on Corporate Pathways to Pledge (CPTP) and customer program fundraising in order to generate sustainable revenues; ensure maximum profitability to implement the UNICEF national and global goals and promote horizontal and corporate solidarity. Summary of key functions/accountabilities
1. Fundraising strategy
– With the coordination and leadership of the Corporate Acquisition Officer, establish Corporate Partnership plan with objective to increase flexible, sustainable and predictable revenue as part of overall Resource Mobilization and Program Strategy defined by RM&P Manager.
– Help to develop proposals and negotiate agreements for corporate partnerships.
– Draft contracts with the necessary juridical support.
– Analyse the operational actions and needs and take the necessary steps to implement the programmes of each partnership agreement.
– Help to manage all aspects of the implementation of the campaign including development of materials, training, and communication and coordinate internally the implementation of the partnership, engaging all the necessary areas.
– Assist in ensure entire process of partner development follows UNICEF guidelines including screening and proposal submissions.
– Evaluate and analyse results of partnership to ensure strategies were adequate to goals planned.
2. Donors Prospection
– Cultivate and renew current corporate partners with the goal of reducing donor attrition rate.
– Analyse partnership history to identify areas of improvement and maximization of the alliance and income generation.
– Report findings and results to supervisor for which to make recommendations on renewal or termination of agreements.
– Maintain an active relationship with the programme team and Marketing Services to obtain the necessary information and materials to present on the prospection of new donors.
– Articulate with the individuals program the appealing campaign and communication cycle for individual donors acquired through customer programs and new ways/trends to engage more stakeholders.
3. Monitoring and evaluation
– Monitor progress of decisions and action plans based on outcome of items above.
– Carry workflow of activities/maintains information flow in the absence of the supervisor.
– Assist in the preparation of the office/region RM&P budget and annual revenue forecast.
– Prepare periodical fundraising reports, prospection income mapping, monitor and maintain control records.
4. Special campaigns and New Business development
– Prospect and approach potential partners companies, focusing on the multiple industries such as banking, retail and services to partner in customer fundraising programmes. Special focus will be given to companies with an expressive number of customers.
– Prospect and approach current partner companies and new possible corporate partners with a special focus on customer`s engagement and also on special marketing campaigns (Kids day, Christmas, Mothers` day) to match with the companies` granting and, as a consequence, increase UNICEF’s revenue.
– Draft contracts with the necessary juridical support.
5. Compliance with UNICEF’s rules and guidelines
– Screening all private partners and closing a proposal agreement as per PFP recommendations and guidelines.
– Ensure the entire process of partner development follows UNICEF guidelines including screening and proposal submissions (DD1, DD2, and Opportunity).
6. Administrative tasks: and responsibilities are effectively carried out and delivered. Effective record of corporate partners’ database and files, and companies will be contacted as per criteria match identified through research and confirmed with the Salesforce (5%)
– Help lead and manage corporate partners’ database and records.
– Search and selection of reliable companies to be prospected. File information about companies and suppliers engaged on the alliance.
– Control income and expenditure.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
– University degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent),preferably in Marketing, International Relations, Communication or Business Administration; or equivalent professional expertise/work experience in one of these areas, preferably in Corporate Alliances.
– Specialized skills in Customer Marketing Actions or Private Sector Fundraising are required.
– One (1) year of progressively responsible work experience in Private Sector Fundraising, Corporate Alliances or Marketing/Customer engagement, some of which in international organization is a requisite.
– Additional years of relevant experience in the above mentioned fields is an asset.
– Fluency in Portuguese and English is required. Knowledge of an additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, and Spanish) is considered an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
To view our competency framework, please click here.
In relation, please note that all candidates who wish to apply to this Vacancy Announcement are requested to prepare and submit their respected UNICEF applications in English language.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious and ethnic backgrounds, representing the diversity of Brazil, such as black and indigenous people, to apply to become a part of our organization. Candidates will be treated equally regardless of gender, sexual orientation, special needs, social and HIV/aids status. UNICEF is a smoke-free environment.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=506386
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT