Organization: Global Green Growth Institute
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
Based in the Colombian Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development (MADS), the Land Use Officer manages specialized conceptual knowledge in Land Use supporting the delivery of the Joint Declaration of Intent (JDI), Amazon Vision and other Land Use/REDD+ programs lead by the Ministry jointly with other Government agencies. The Land Use Officer, under close supervision of the Senior Country Program Officer on Land Use, provides day to day technical support internally as well as to relevant government counterparts in the context of a ‘hybrid team’ between GGGI and MADS personnel. The position carries out analytical work related to his/her technical expertise and provides a wide range of contributions in support of delivery of components/work-streams in the country program related to Land Use.
- Support the design and implementation of the Joint Declaration of Intent and other Land Use/REDD+ programs supported by the GGGI on Land Use, particularly those led by MADS and where GGGI acts as a strategic partner.
- Support the operation of all activities under outcome 2 (Land Use) of the Norwegian-earmarked GGGI Colombia Program
- Provide technical input to deliver a portfolio of services to government counterparts under the guidance of the Senior Country Program Officer on Land Use
- Provide support to the implementation of GGGI’s program in Colombia associated to sustainable landscapes and its associated topics (i.e. REDD+, Low Carbon Rural Development, etc.) that aim to achieving green growth objectives
- Provide guidance and support in the coordination and technical advisory needed for the achievement of policy development and investment formulation under GGGIÂ´s Sustainable Landscapes activities, particularly those related to REDD+ and AFOLU.
- Provide support to project structuring for bankability in REDD+ & AFOLU, forest conservation and restoration and land use planning in close partnership with government agencies, private sector and other relevant local stakeholders
- Support the work to mainstream Safeguards, Poverty Reduction and Social Inclusion (SPRSI) into GGGI programs and projects in articulation with the Colombian SPRSI focal point.
- Compile best practice through research case studies and other illustrative materials which give practical guidance to project development
- Prepare technical pieces for communications and presentations
- Draft analytical pieces, project components and keep up to date with overall land use policies, programs, and field experiences.
- Acquire information/knowledge by participating in the assessment of program needs and resources to assist in programme design, development and implementation
- Engage in stakeholder mapping and support facilitation of discussion between government and relevant stakeholders
- Apply sufficient technical skills to acquire relevant information/knowledge from a variety of sources which are often difficult to access, in support of delivery of a good quality output
- Elaborate and conduct technical analyses to address green growth opportunities, and provide relevant advisory services for sound regulatory and policy design and implementation within the Land Use thematic areas of GGGI.
- The position understands the project cycle and is able to organize his/her analytical work to ensure that deliverables are provided in a timely manner to support subsequent work and consistent with the workplan and project cycle.
- Assesses delivery issues and works with national counterparts to build common understanding and coordination on project activities.
- Coordinate closely with the other GGGI personnel in the Sustainable Landscapes team and others as needed to build a strong team capable of supporting Government counterparts and meeting program goals and requirements.
- Participate in any other relevant activities deemed necessary for the development of GGGI’s Colombia program, including monitoring and evaluation of the Land Use related activities.
- Undergraduate degree in Forestry sciences, Biology, Environmental Management or related fields. With at least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Over 3 years of relevant experience in Climate Change, Land Use, AFOLU & REDD+.
- Strong theoretical base in Climate Change, Land Use, AFOLU & REDD+, with ability to translate theory into practice.
- Experience with REDD+ payment for performance mechanisms.
- Understanding of ColombiaÂ´s land-use, climate change, and low carbon development institutions, problems, policies and general state of the art
- Knowledge of green growth approaches to advancing on sustainable landscapes objectives, involving both private and public sector
- Field experience and context understanding of climate change and sustainable development institutions, bottlenecks, issues and policies at the national and local levels
- Proven experience and understanding of the Land Use and Climate Change institutions in Colombia
- Experience in working local communities, indigenous peoples, or other rural and forest dwellers in the implementation of sustainable development practices implementation
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills; capacity for synthesis, presentation and communication; and strategic thinking skills.
- Understand project methodologies and able to provide a wide range of contributions in support of delivery of components/workstreams in the country program
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement, client relationship, communication, team work and consensus building
- Proven project delivery experience, i.e. effectively managing the delivery of results on time and on budget
- Creative thinking, problem solving, resourcefulness and leadership are highly desired
- Fluency in English and Spanish (spoken and written)
- Command of excell and Power Point are necessary
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=R0dQSWRpdmlzaW9uLjMzMzUwLjM4MzBAZ2dnaS5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT