Organization: Global Green Growth Institute
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
The role is the lead role in managing all the Management and Administration activities of the country program, particularly to respond in a timely and adequate manner to all the requirements established within the Grant Agreement with the Norwegian MFA and subsequent arrangements defined with the local Embassy. The position runs a large office often in multiple locations within the country. The position leads on HR, finance, legal, procurement and day to day office management within the country to ensure the effective delivery and successful in country operations. This position will report directly to the Country Representative.
Working closely with the Country Representative, this role will be the focal point on management and operations between the Country Office and HQ, Management and Administration (Finance, HR, legal, Procurement and Office Administration). The role will be required to manage an administration team, initially from BogotaÂ´s office and eventually in various locations to ensure that the overall smooth running of the Program and adherence to GGGI policies across procurement, legal, HR and Finance. The person needs to add value to both country program and Management and Administration functions in HQ, effectively communicating and implementing the business needs of both ends. This position is critical since the Indonesia program is expected to expand further in the coming year.
- Ensure that GGGI complies with the Government laws and regulations as an International Organization, including tax.
- Engage with officials within the Government of Colombia in charge of administrative arrangements with International Organizations (IO) with in country program and operations to support finalizing the Membership Process and implementation of the Host Country Agreement (HCA) arrangements and ensure alignment with Government of ColombiaÂ´s laws and regulations.
- Oversees and motivate other M&A staff based in the Country program to carry out M&A duties efficiently and effectively in line with GGGI policy
- Identifies and anticipates administrative issues and recommends remedial solutions for any M&A related issue, ensuring consistent service delivery
- Coordinate set up and arrangement of needed facilities for effective and efficient office operations
- Oversees all recruitment, finance and procurement processes, including effectively leading local procurement based on value for money
- Manage recruitment and onboarding of the Program’s human resources (staff and consultants) in compliance with Country’s law and GGGI’s HR rules and policies including effective onboarding of staff, overseeing visa issues etc.
- Provide oversight to ensure sounds financial management under grant sources and core budget, in line with GGGI policies, including effective budget management, overseeing financial audits, managing the implementation of financial regulations, criteria and standards as per donor’s requirements
- Be responsible and ensure a functional procurement cycle of all country procurement, in line with GGGI’s policies and regulations and in support of the technical team.
Provide oversight to ensure effective office management and facilitation of Program’s delivery (for example: logistical arrangements for travel, training, workshop and conference organization, honoria, per diems etc.
Implementing, guiding and enforcing GGGI’s policies and regulations are followed by all team members based in Colombia.
Manage and monitor relevant management and financial modules of GGGI’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System for the Country Program.
Oversight on Facilities, Information & Communication Technology is in place and responsible for all data and information stored under the Country Program as well as oversight on purchasing of necessary office supplies in support of program delivery
- Higher education degree with at least 10 years’ of relevant experience in Finance, Management and Administration roles and strong finance and operations oversight skills
- A proven track record of managing country program operations and grants in multilateral, international or non-governmental organizations
- A solid track record of managing multiple teams delivering M&A support to the Program
- Ability to provide strong management direction with the ability to quickly and efficiently understand, organize, and solve management problems
- Excellent ability to multi-task and prioritize under stressful circumstances
- Versatile, personable and flexible in the face of a complex project
- Attention to detail, quality control and superb organizational abilities
- Problem solver, self-motivated and driven by results
- Proven track record of taking initiative independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a multicultural and diverse team
- An excellent command of written English and Spanish
- Excellent Command of Excell and power point.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=R0dQSWRpdmlzaW9uLjI2Njc3LjM4MzBAZ2dnaS5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT