Organization: UN Population Fund
Closing date: 17 Aug 2017
1. Organizational Location
The Procurement Assistant position is located in Procurement Services Branch (PSB) in Copenhagen. The incumbent reports to and receives policy support from the Procurement Specialist who leads the regional team serving the procurement and contracting needs of their geographical areas and ensuring that procurement and commercial considerations are fully taken into account in country programmes. S/he coordinates procurement activities and processes in accordance with Financial Rules and Regulation and Procurement procedures of the UNFPA.
2. Job Purpose
In direct support of UNFPA’s strategy to achieve the ICPD goals and SDG’s ensure the effective and efficient implementation of procurement operations, through the provision of the following services:
Administration, execution and coordination of procurement activities in the designated countries.
Provision of advice and guidance to country offices and other parties on all matters related to procurement.
Contribute to increasing procurement capacity inside the organization as well as to key external stakeholders.
3. Major Activities/Expected Results
1) Administration, execution and coordination of procurement activities in the region
Analyze requisitions; communicate with country offices and/or other customers to ensure correctness of the data entered into the Atlas system, clarity of the specifications, appropriateness of the products, delivery requirements and dates;
Request quotations from suppliers and ensure that the most cost effective proposals are communicated and followed up with the customers;
Process and issue Purchase Orders in Atlas;
Review ITBs/RFPs prepared by country offices before these are issued to ensure that the documents are in line with UNFPA Procurement Procedures. Prepare ITBs/RFPs if require.
Review CRC submissions prepared by country offices to ensure they are complete and accurate and that proper application of processes and procedures has been made. Present submissions to CRC if required;
Follow up on delivery process to ensure timely delivery dates as per Purchases Orders; liaise with the suppliers and country offices in order to resolve problem deliveries;
Review and validate invoices including liaising with the finance branch and/or the supplier involved to solve any issues;
Handling 3rd party procurement including preparing pro forma invoices in OMS system, liaising with the customers and suppliers, following up shipments and on issues regarding delivery and payments.
Monitor and evaluate the performance of suppliers with respect to on-time delivery, quality and commercial acceptability and liaise with Strategic Procurement Cluster Team when required; Liaise with Quality Assurance Team in case of quality complaints.
In cooperation with the Strategic Procurement Cluster Team monitor the performance of suppliers with respect to on-time delivery, quality and commercial acceptability;
2) Give advice and guidance to country offices and other parties on procurement processes and procedures
Follow-up on all procurement related inquiries submitted by Country Offices, other UNFPA Departments or clients and provide prompt responses or follow-up; Propose updates to the procurement procedures or business processes whenever relevant.
Upon request communicate changes in procurement processes and procedures or updates in relating financial procedure provide clarifications and guidance if required;
Monitor requests and relevant submission in terms of their compliance with procurement procedures; take action in case of their violation;
Advise Country Offices in system related questions such as using of e-Procurement or OTS/OMS, and provide substantive inputs to countries’ procurement planning in terms of availability of RH products (both at country level, if known to PSB focal point as well as from the manufacturer), their relevance, specifications, prices and other costs.
3) Contribute to increasing procurement capacity inside the organization as well as to key external stakeholders.
Participate in the development of training materials and/or deliver regional or local face-to-face procurement trainings to UNFPA CO staff, HQ staff and/or external government- or donor staff.
Upon request by UNFPA Cos/HQ/PSB/government counterparts, undertake capacity building- and/or trouble-shooting missions to countries or HQ.
In cooperation with procurement specialist and associate, ensure country strategies are being implemented and progress tracked; maintain a vigorous exchange with all procurement forums to keep CO-PSB dialogue active.
4) Perform other job related duties as assigned
4. Work Relations
Establishes and maintains professional contacts with UNFPA staff at country offices at all levels including with Representatives, HQ staff in various departments, Finance Branch, and with partners in other UN agencies, NGOs, government representatives at the relevant levels. Maintains daily contact with other procurement staff at PSB and sustain close contact with suppliers.
5. Job Requirements
• Completion of Secondary education is required.
• University degree or equivalent certification in Public or Business Administration, Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain, Economics, Commerce, Engineering or relevant studies is an advantage.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in public procurement, supply chain, contract management preferably in organizations working in international development or public sector institutions or international customer focus organizations is required.
- Note that a Master’s Degree in combination with 3 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of 5 years of work experience.
Knowledge of reproductive health related commodities and terminology is an asset.
Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (in particular, applications related to database and data analysis), Atlas (PeopleSoft or alternatively Oracle), E-filing system and other software applications is a strong advantage.
Previous experience handling orders with international suppliers and international public sector customers is an asset.
Demonstrated interest in the field of development.
Previous experience in UN Agency is an asset.
CIPS 2 Certificate is an asset.
- Ability to analyze and utilize complicated data
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Ability to perform well under pressure and flexibility in handling unexpected work assignments as and when necessary.
- Service minded.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
- Working knowledge of Spanish is required for this post as communication with partners and suppliers is made in both English and Spanish languages.
- Knowledge of French is a strong advantage.
- Any other UN language such as Russian, Chinese or Arabic is an advantage.
Other required skills:
- Communication, information and ideas/knowledge sharing
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Commitment to excellence Highly responsible with deadlines and follow-up
How to apply:
UNFPA offers a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, respect for diversity, integrity, and a healthy work/life balance. We are committed to maintaining a balanced gender distribution.
We offer an attractive salary, subsidized medical/dental insurance and pension benefits. This is a Temporary Appointment (TA) for 364 days renewable subject to funding and performance.
Applications in English (including letter of interest, CV and completed/signed UN Personal History Form (P11)), quoting “Procurement Assistant, LAC team” should be sent should be submitted not later than August 17, 2017 at 17:00 (Copenhagen time) via email to: email@example.com **
The Personal history form can be downloaded from: http://www.unfpa.org/resources/p11-un-personal-history-form**
Please note that the selected candidate must have a valid residence and working permit in Denmark or in any of the countries belonging to the European Union. In case of equally qualified candidates, candidates with working permits in Denmark will be given preference.
Evaluation of qualified candidates for this position may include a written test or other assessment methodologies followed by a competency-based interview.
The results of this recruitment process may be used to establish a roster for Temporary Appointments (TA) of qualified candidates at the same level to meet upcoming recruitment needs at UNFPA PSB.
UNFPA will only be able to respond to those applicants in whom UNFPA has a further interest.
The UN City is a smoke-free work environment.
There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process.
UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT