Organization: International Centre for Migration Policy Development
Closing date: 18 Aug 2017
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), an international organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, is looking for qualified candidates to fill the above-mentioned position in the framework of the “Support Project to the Mobility Partnership between the European Union and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (JEMPAS)”.
The JEMPAS project is a 36 months long technical assistance project with the overall aim to support the implementation of the Mobility Partnership between the EU and the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan with a specific focus on strengthening the capacity of the Jordanian government to develop and implement their national migration policies. The project consists of two components, correspondingly the specific objectives are:
Component I: Strengthen the capacities of Jordan to more effectively reach out to and engage with Jordanian expatriate communities abroad.
Component II: Enhance the efforts of relevant authorities to prevent trafficking inhuman beings, increase the prosecution of traffickers and provide protection and assistance to victims of trafficking.
JEMPAS has reached mid-term with a view to its implementation. The successful candidate will work in close cooperation with the entire project team to support the ongoing overall implementation until the end of the project. This includes but is not limited to the organisation, monitoring and quality assurance of activities under Component 1, including workshops, trainings and the crafting of key project outputs.
As the incumbent is expected to provide substantive input chiefly to the thematic area addressed under Component 1, relevant experience in the field of migration and development and/ or diaspora engagement is a requirement.
The start date is tentatively mid September 2017 and the post is foreseen for the remaining 15 months of project implementation (until December 2018).
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the incumbent will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Designs, organises and ensures timely implementation of capacity building activities, including identifying expertise and developing concept notes, agendas and practical tools;
- Crafts outlines, timelines and scope of deliverables to support short term experts in undertaking research, developing guiding documents, strategies and action plans;
- Recruits, manages and backstops experts, administers timesheets;
- Manages expert and procurement contracts by monitoring and verifying the quality of inputs and initiates payments according to payment schedules;
- Undertakes research and information gathering, compiles and drafts briefs, background papers, presentations, and speeches. Formulates analytical inputs for project implementation;
- Supports adequate, planning, monitoring and reporting of project outputs including the recording of progress and challenges;
- Supports the preparation of donor and other project reporting as required;
- Maintains excellent working relationships with all project partners, beneficiaries and suppliers;
- Keeps an overview of the schedule of all activities;
- Supports project management tasks as required;
- Performs any other duties as required.
- Advanced University degree in International Relations, Migration Studies Development Studies, or other related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the field of migration of which at least two with a thematic focus on ‘diaspora engagement’ or ‘migration and development’ preferably in an international organisation or development agency.
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Demonstrated ability in the design and organisation of capacity building activities;
- Substantial knowledge of international migration issues, the migration and development nexus as well as diaspora engagement policies and practices. Specific knowledge on EU migration policy, trafficking in human beings, and migration in Jordan is an asset;
- Excellent oral and written command of English, Arabic is an asset;
- Proven analytical and drafting skills including the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner;
- Prepares background papers and reports independently;
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Problem-solving attitude, adaptability and flexibility;
- Excellent organisational skills including managing conflicting priorities and working with tight deadlines.
- Ability to work efficiently in a team;
- Excellent computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint;
- Ability to implement rules and guidelines independently;
- Detail and result-oriented;
- Expertise in online communities and social media literacy is an asset.
ICMPD Core Values
- Commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD offers an attractive remuneration package, and participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund and Health Insurance Scheme. Additional benefits include six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, a dependency rate.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies.
Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in this vacancy announcement. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held from 04.09.2017 to 11.09.2017. Testing may be part of the recruitment process.
For enquiries and/or technical support, please contact ICMPD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICMPD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
ICMPD is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT