Organization: UN Population Fund
Closing date: 22 Aug 2017
Technical Support and Capacity Building
• Provide analysis of the political, social and economic environment relevant to population and development, sexual and reproductive health and gender, and identify opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention.
• Keep abreast of international best practices, guidelines and legal frameworks as well as new national policy developments and strategies, plans and development frameworks and prepare briefs and provide inputs for policy dialogue, technical assistance coordination, and development frameworks.
• Use and systematically apply standard guidelines and protocols such as Essential Service Packages for Women and Girls subject to Violence, IASC Guidelines for Integrating GBV Interventions in Humanitarian Settings, SRH/GBV in humanitarian settings, MISP, and related instruments during assessment, planning and implementation of all programming
• Support the implementation of quality SRHR and GBV integrated programmes in South East to empower women and young people and improve their access to SRHR and GBV services, including technical guidance, reporting, financial management and monitoring of activities.
• Support the development/revision of SRHR specific and related assessment tools
• Help to identify gaps and opportunities to increase knowledge and use of Family Planning (FP) and SRH products and services among vulnerable populations, including young people, at all levels of the health sector including partnerships with Ethnic Health Organisations (EHOs).
• Provide technical support and guidance to the IPs in order to ensure high quality implementation of programme activities.
• Technical support in the development/strengthening of humanitarian/recovery coordination mechanisms in place at state level.
• Coordinate, develop and facilitate relevant SRHR and GBV training sessions and materials for intra-sectoral and multi-sectoral prevention and response actors, including Government, ethnic authorities and implementing partners for a stronger integrated rights-based approaches including implementation of standard operating procedures.
• Support developing proposals and engage in resource mobilization efforts to support joint programming and strengthen coherence in programme delivery.
• Provide technical support to the development of relevant advocacy and policy documents to address SRH and GBV needs and broader gender issues at the district/township level.
• Contribute to strengthening local capacity to support peace building activities in the South East with particular emphasis on supporting the participation of women and girls.
Partnerships and Coordination
• Actively participate in health meetings, consultations and workshops, provide feedback on SRH at sub-national and local level to State Health Department, Ethnic Authorities and other key stakeholders.
• Coordinate the mapping of stakeholders and health service facilities relevant for SRH service provision and GBV prevention and response.
• Oversee, in coordination national GBV and SRHR coordination bodies the establishment of inter-agency GBV and SRHR working groups at the state levels.
• Liaise with sexual and reproductive health staff and GBV specialists/advisers in other agencies and organizations (including governments, national and international NGOs and women’s groups) for coherent programme intervention and integration of SRH and GBV.
• Coordinate with protection actors to conduct emergency assessments, analyze results, and plan emergency response.
• Work with peacebuilding actors, including Government and ethnic authorities to support women/youth, peace and security outcomes.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Ensure timely and high quality implementation of UNFPA’s Women and Girls First programme in South East.
• Prepare periodic progress and annual reports (including narrative and financial reports and reports on distribution of commodities and assets) using UNFPA’s Result Based Management approach, substantive analysis of related issues and way forward.
• Develop monthly reports that capture relevant information and that support the analysis and evaluation of program progress and outcomes.
• Collect and compile programme activity information and provide support for the development of annual donor reports, monitoring and evaluating progress toward achievement of programme outcomes.
• Regularly and closely follow up with partners in the field and liaise with their Yangon counterparts in all aspects of planning, programming, implementation and review.
• Undertake field monitoring visits to verify quality of project activities as well as arrange periodic project assessment and review with counterparts and other partners.
• Consolidate existing assessments on SRH and GBV situation in that setting and/or engage the displaced, returnee and host populations in conducting relevant participatory analyses, rapid needs assessments, etc.
• Lead the programme team at Kayin Sub-office, whether staff or short-term consultants, in both substantive and operational issues ensuring optimization of human and financial resources and promoting a culture of results with highest performance standards;
• Manage budget and expenditures in order to accomplish programme within budget.
• Ensure organizational equipment and assets are maintained and used in accordance with UNFPA policies and business practice
• Oversee the development of action plans and help to bring innovations to programming in collaboration with various sectors/clusters and the network of partners within the Women and Girls First initiatives
• Write monthly work plans, monthly reports, and other reports as needed or requested.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by UNFPA.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply the above positions by clicking the Apply Now Icon through the following link:
Please find further details at the following link: https://www.unfpa.org A
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT