Organization: Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe
Closing date: 14 Aug 2017
Recruitment for a roster of temporary employees for short-term assignments with OSCE/ODIHR.
The Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (ODIHR) is the principal institution of the OSCE responsible for the human dimension. ODIHR is active throughout the OSCE area in the fields of election observation, democratic development, human rights, tolerance and non-discrimination, and the rule of law. ODIHR’s assistance projects and other activities are implemented in participating States in accordance with ODIHR’s.
This position would be located in ODIHR Human Resources Unit consisting of Chief, Human Resources Unit responsible for all recruitment, HR administration and payroll related matters for the office, currently two Senior Assistant positions, and three Personnel Assistant positions.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The incumbent of this temporary post in the ODIHR Human Resources Unit (HRU), reports to Chief, Human Resources Unit, however, in performance of the duties receives guidance from the relevant HRU staff in supporting them in the recruitment activities, general administration, data entry and filing.
The work will include the following tasks:
- Maintains the HRU filing system, in close coordination with the rest of the HRU staff. Closely cooperates with the Senior Human Resources Assistant and the Documents and Records Management Unit of ODIHR in finalizing the HRU filing plan and the documents retention schedule;
- Under the guidance of the Senior Assistants and/or Personnel Assistants, proactively learns how to perform duties and responsibilities that commonly fall into the HR scope of work such as: Recruitment, Learning and HR administration;
- The incumbent supports the Senior Recruitment Assistant and Personnel Assistant (Recruitment) with recruitment activities (i.e. posting vacancy notices on external web-sites; managing ODIHR recruitment e-mail account; updating recruitment status report, compiling statistics);
- Assists the HRU payroll processing team with the collection of the necessary documents needed for payroll processing. Follows-up with staff members on the established deadlines;
- Regularly enters data on Special Service Agreements into the SSA database; timely files consultant records; and produces statistics when requested. Follows-up proactively with the Administrative Assistants in the Departments to assist with the planning of recruitment and contracting of Experts/Consultants;
- Provides administrative support for recruitment and learning and development activities by booking office facilities and VC equipment and ensures that they are ready on the day of the interviews/training, compiling sets of training/briefing materials, regularly and proactively replenishes office supplies;
- Carries out any other duties as required by the supervisor.
- Completion of secondary education; post-secondary training in human resources related issue is an asset;
- A minimum of two years of experience. Computer skills in word processing and spreadsheet are necessary;
- Professional knowledge of English. Knowledge of Polish is desirable;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and proven teamwork abilities. Good communication skills and ability to be discreet and retain confidentially.
This is a short-term position. The financial remuneration is calculated and paid based on the number of hours worked during a calendar month. Hourly remuneration is approximately 23.00 PLN per hour.
How to apply:
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE’s online application link found under http://www.osce.org/employment.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see http://www.osce.org/states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
No application fees or information with respect to bank account details are required by OSCE for our recruitment process.
Please note that in the event of invitation for interview, the OSCE is unable to reimburse costs incurred.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT