Safety Management Consultant, Logging
Location: Northern/Central ME
Under the direction the Loss Control Manager, Logging, the Safety Management Consultant, Logging is responsible for evaluating, reporting on, and providing policyholder guidance for safety processes throughout the MEMIC Group’s forest products and related operations. The Safety Management Consultant, Logging provides efficient and effective safety consulting services to the MEMIC Group’s customers in accordance with department and company policies and procedures.
- Identifies, assesses and evaluates health and safety exposures and hazards by traveling to client companies throughout New England.
- Schedules appointments, creates an agenda for physical field assessments and consultations for initial and prospective customers.
- Documents exposure from assessments and provides appropriate action plans to improve the risk. Written reports, regarding assessments, are produced, using Microsoft Office-based software systems, and are forwarded to agents, customers and internal business partners. Follow-up on action plan is essential and is accomplished through revisits for consultation and training.
- Builds positive relationships with customers, agents, and internal business partners, such as, Claims and Underwriting through clear and concise written and verbal communication.
- Adheres to Department and Company Performance Standards.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Safety Engineering, Forestry, related technical field or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of direct experience in a number of fields such as: logging, forestry, transportation, primary & secondary wood processing, forest road construction, tree service, etc.
- Industry certifications must be achieved and maintained, such as: CLP, GOL and appropriate OSHA designations.
- Maintains an active involvement with industry associations which have the potential to impact customer safety.
- Presentation skills to large and small groups, from the CEO to field personnel within any size company, must be well honed and results-oriented.
- The individual must be able to use desktop and laptop computers, and have a basic understanding of software systems to include: word processors, spreadsheets and email in order to use MEMIC’s internal paperless process and customer service communication.
- The work environment is primarily in the field with the customer.
- The consultant’s principle office location is out of the individual’s home.
Read more here:: GFIS