Organization: International Organization for Migration
Country: Sri Lanka
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
Working under the supervision of the National Programme Officer (Migrant Assistance Unit) and the overall supervision of the Project Manager in Ghana, the consultant will support the programme activities of the MAU.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Ensure functionality and continuity of the Community Response Map (CRM), IOM’s online feedback platform, established to enhance two-way communications with target populations by providing tracking mechanism of incoming calls, texts messages, capturing relevant data and constantly assessing the urgent needs of the affected population.
- Manage the integration of new technologies including interactive voice response (IVR) surveys into the feedback platform.
- Ensure all feedback collected is analysed and trends are recorded and shared on a regular basis and is used to inform IVR surveys and safe migration campaigns.
- Ensure that the CRM maintains its utility and purpose by initiating any modifications and updates to the platform and data collection mechanisms in coordination with the technical focal points in Geneva and Manila.
- Ensure operations and text based feedback system of CRM; with national coordination; provide management of any CRM staff.
- Serve as IOM focal point for all CRM Sri Lanka communications and related inquiries.
- Organize and facilitate the implementation of follow-up surveys with target population as needed.
- Collect and update CRM related data effectively and efficiently by using reporting templates and records, including conducting gender disaggregated analysis.
- Prepare and update records and other documents on project implementation and outcomes to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Create communication materials including infographics and videos to promote safe migration through social media channels.
Tangible & Measurable Output:
Functionality of the CRM online platform and timely updates; Bi-weekly reports on the progress made including at least one short article per month on CRM for publication to the website Forward/direct CRM queries to the appropriate IOM focal point when necessary. Timely response to CRM enquiries from the target audience; Increase community response generation with the support of the SMC team. Produce monthly infographics related to CRM; Periodic reporting.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education University Degree / Certificate in communications, journalism or related field; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Experience
Two years’ experience working in community engagement or behaviour change communications outreach.
Previous experience working with online data platforms and data visualization/analysis including UX/UI skills.
Familiarity with social media platforms and emerging digital technology.
Ability to work without direct supervision and be results oriented.
Previous experience in staff management.
Excellent organizational, inter-personal and communication skills.
Previous experience in project reporting or monitoring and evaluation advantageous.
Experience in managing or working at a call centre or in feedback analytics highly desired. Languages
Fluency in English and Sinhalese / Tamil is required; Fluency in all three languages is advantageous;
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications with a detailed bio data and a cover letter including two work related referees (non-related) via email to HRSRILANKA@iom.int indicating position applied on subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT