Accounting Manager (Shelton, WA)
The Accounting Manager is a key member of the divisional management team and is frequently called-upon by the General Manager, Operations Controller and Corporate Finance Group to lead financial special projects. In addition to overseeing general ledger activates and financial reporting, this position leads the division through the annual plan process, and the preparation and presentation of quarterly operating and cash flow results. This position is expected to be able to speak with experience and authority regarding all aspects of the business. The Accounting Manager also directs the activity of staff in maintaining books of accounts, as well as preparing standard reports and statements.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
The following is a list of general job responsibilities for the Accounting Manager position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be broadened or changed to meet changing business needs.
- Supervises accounts payable and general accounting functions
- Prepares monthly financial reports and statistics
- Oversees and schedules activities of financial close
- Supports development of annual budgetary process and annual budget
- Analyzes and reconciles assigned general ledger accounts
- Prepares various schedules for outside auditors
- Assists in the development of reports to be used in analysis and presentation of financial data to senior management
- Coordinates schedules and activities
- Manages maintenance of general ledger
- Oversees and trains accounting staff
- Maintains policies and procedures
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or related field, or the equivalent combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- CPA or CMA preferred
- Five to seven years of financial accounting experience and two years of supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts reconciliation, general ledger maintenance, and financial statements preparation
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Demonstrated ability to research and interpret regulations involving GAAP, general accounting and taxes
- Knowledge of transaction processing flow and internal controls
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, advance Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to compose and edit correspondence
- Superior attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability conduct self in a professional manner and to maintain effective and professional relationships
- Learns, applies and retains new methods and information. Creative in solving problems. Exhibits a “can do” attitude with a positive approach to challenges. Views obstacles as opportunities to learn and grow.
- Ability to complete a high volume of work, in a timely manner, while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Ability to improve efficiency of existing processes, work well under pressure and maintain confidentiality
- Maintain punctual and regular attendance
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; must be able to effectively deal with ambiguity
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment to meet departmental and Company goals
- Demonstrate self-starter, takes on and completes work without prompting
- Leads by example and exemplifies the Green Diamond Core Values in actions and behaviors
- Ability to work with integrity, trust and commitment
- Ability to foster and support a diverse, ethical and respectful workplace
- Ability to share knowledge and participate in coaching and mentoring others
- Ability to be adaptable, tolerant of ambiguities and open to change
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- There are three positions; each physically located in Shelton, WA, Klamath Falls, OR, and Eureka, CA.
- Normal office environment with moderate noise levels, occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs., regular walking, sitting, bending, twisting, standing and reaching.
- •bility to perform consistent work on a PC.
- Ability to work non-standard work hours, including periodic early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed to meet the essential responsibilities of the job.
- This position is a Physical and Mental Requirement Classification 1.
Read more here:: GFIS