LAT60 Geospatial Solutions is a geospatial-consulting firm located in downtown Edmonton, AB. We provide innovative GIS and spatial data management services to clients in the Forest, Electrical Utility, Oil & Gas, Pipeline, and Sand & Gravel industries, and First Nations throughout Alberta. We have a dynamic, fast paced work environment along with a diverse client base offering a unique and challenging opportunity for those individuals looking to be trendsetters in the field of GIS. If you have cutting-edge ideas, and the drive to execute them – LAT60 is looking for you! LAT60 provides flexible working arrangements, combined with an above average compensation and benefits package. Additional information can be obtained on our web site at www.lat60.com
We are currently looking for an Intermediate GIS Analyst for a 6-month contract; working out of our downtown Edmonton office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Generate high quality custom maps and other GIS reports and information products;
- Conduct GIS analyses;
- Analysis and visualization of 3D data (LiDAR);
- Provide GIS support to external customers;
- Integrate various vector and raster datasets for inclusion in map products and analysis;
- Collaborate with other professionals to develop client solutions;
- GIS System design, including web-based GIS applications;
- Create and maintain procedures and policies, map templates, and a metadata catalogue and definitions to ensure quality assurance.
Experience and skill set requirements:
- A university degree or technical diploma in GIS or related area;
- 3+ years of relevant GIS experience;
- Forestry or Natural Resources background/experience is preferred;
- Excellent GIS skills with experience using Esri’s suite of products, including Python scripting;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and attention to detail required;
- Knowledge and significant experience in spatial data analysis and management required;
- Experience implementing mobile-base field applications is an asset;
- Experience providing GIS services to industrial clients is an asset;
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal; and
- Familiarity with SQL Server and ArcGIS for Server administration is an asset.
LAT60 is committed to developing our people by providing ongoing training opportunities and rewarding performance that exceeds expectations. We provide our employees with a progressive work environment, encouraging an entrepreneurial approach to business coupled with the opportunity for success. At LAT60, our people are part of a larger team of diverse professionals committed to excellence.
Read more here:: GFIS