Organization: UN High Commissioner for Refugees
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
UNHCR’s operation in Ecuador started in 2000 as part of the organization’s strategy to protect and assist the victims of the Colombian conflict. The operation aims to support the Ecuadorian government in strengthening protection mechanisms, developing asylum and identifying solutions. It also involves distribution of humanitarian aid and public information initiatives. The refugee caseload is mostly composed of Colombian nationals.**Job Description**
- Translate interviews and reports.
- Assist the case workers in the completion of the Registration Resettlement Forms (RRFs) for the final revision of the Resettlement Officer.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with the Protection Unit and Local UNHCR Implementing Partners in order to promote the referral of these cases to the Resettlement Unit in Quito
- Providing information and orientation to individual cases facing special protection needs and being selected for Resettlement.
- Organize, file and maintain the Unit’s files on individuals cases considered for resettlement.
Permanently report on activities and individual cases being assessed **
University Studies in International Relations, Social Sciences or, preferably, Law. Studies in International Human Rights Law and International Refugee Law highly desirable.
Fluency in Spanish and English
Minimal Period for the Internship will be of 6 months.
Excellent working knowledge of EXCEL and WORD software.
Adaptability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
Adaptability to work with vulnerable individuals.
Subsequent Employment by UNHCR: There is no expectation of employment at the end of the Internship.
This is an unpaid internship. Per UNHCR policy, no compensation or expense reimbursement will be made available.
How to apply:
Please send a motivation letter and the resume to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT