Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 17 Oct 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.For 70years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.**Purpose of the Position**In close coordination with the Communication Specialist and sector heads, the Communication for Development Officer will offer technical support and will help design, form, manage, execute, monitor and evaluate a behavioral change and social mobilization strategy, plan of action, and programme activities to support the overall country programme.This includes organizing the research, development, pre-testing, and production of culturally relevant communication materials; developing and enhancing strong partnerships with community groups, leaders and civil society partners; and developing training materials and activities.
Key Expected Results
- Programme communication strategy and plan of action strategically developed and formulated, and the implementation effectively managed, facilitated and executed for social and behavioural change in support of efficient and effective programme delivery.
- Culturally relevant programme communication materials designed, pre-tested, and produced in time, meeting requirements and quality standards.
- Strong partnerships with community groups, leaders and other partners in the community and civil society developed and enhanced to promote participation in social and behavioural changes supportive of programme goals.
- Effective training materials and activities organized, developed and implemented to build capacity in participatory and behaviour communication at various government levels.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
- Advanced university degree in the social/behavioural sciences, (sociology, anthropology, psychology, health education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research.
- Two years of relevant professional work experience in the development, planning and management of social development programmes, including several years in developing countries, with practical experience in the adaptation and application of communication planning processes to specific programmes
- Fluency in English and local working language of the duty
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Learning and Researching
- Planning and Organizing
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507582
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT