Organization: Danish International Development Assistance
Closing date: 22 Oct 2017
M&E and Reporting Specialist (national staff) – DANIDA / Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark
Post location: Amman – Jordan with travel to Lebanon and Iraq (Kurdistan region)
Regional Development and Protection Programme for Refugees and Host Communities in the Middle East (Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq)
1. Introduction and Background:
The RDPP is a platform of eight donors (European Commission, Denmark, Ireland, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Norway, United Kingdom and the Czech Republic), joining up humanitarian and development funds to support host countries from a long-term perspective, acknowledging the reality that displacement is often protracted; that the humanitarian approach, while necessary, has to be complemented with more development-led strategies; and recognizing the need to support hosting communities and refugees to better face these challenges. The programme runs for four years and works with national and international actors to provide better protection to those displaced by the Syrian conflict and create socio-economic development opportunities for the vulnerable populations.
The objectives of the RDPP are:
To ensure that refugees are fully able to avail themselves of a durable solution.
To support socio-economic development in host countries that will benefit both the host populations and refugees
The programme has four main components:
Research: It will assess and analyse the impact of displacement on refugees and host communities and provide inputs for long-term planning.
Protection: It will strengthen the protection of refugees through legal support, community empowerment and conflict mitigation, better capacities of national institutions for protection and asylum, and combating child labour.
Advocacy and Political Dialogue: It will work to improve / uphold refugees’ rights
Socio-economic development – To enhance economic opportunities and livelihood capacity of vulnerable population through employment generation and business development.
The RDPP started officially in July 2014 and will end in June 2018. A new four year programme (218-2021) is currently being negotiated. The employer will be Danida / Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark.
2. The position
2.1. Title: M&E and Reporting Specialist
2.2. Place of Service: Amman – Jordan
2.3. Duration: until June 2018 with possibility of extension based on funding
2.4. Reporting to Programme Manager in Beirut
2.5. Terms of employment: Full time
3. Area of responsibility / tasks
S/He will be part of a lean management team of five persons, under the supervision of the Programme Manager based in Beirut, and working closely with the two Project Managers based in Beirut and Amman.
The M&E and Reporting Specialist will, in coordination with the Programme Manager, lead on monitoring and evaluation of the whole programme and provide technical advice and support to project development and implementation process of the sub-contracted partnerships. The RDPP currently has around 25 active partnerships. The Specialist will also be the focal point for reporting, following up with and supporting partners on their biannual reporting as well as coordinating drafting and consolidation of the biannual reports to the donor of the RDPP. The Specialist will also be the focal point on communications for partner organisations. The post requires some work travel to Lebanon and Iraq (Kurdistan region).
The main areas of responsibility and tasks will be:
A) MONITORING AND EVALUATION
· Implement the overall monitoring framework for RDPP programme implementation.
· Provide technical support to partners on the Logical Framework and M&E plan for individual RDPP supported partnerships in coordination with project managers and ensure that they feed into the RDPP M&E system.
· Develop and update indicator tracking tool linking Logical Framework for partnerships to the overall RDPP Results Framework
· Work with project managers to ensure that partners are properly monitoring and reporting on the M&E plans agreed with them. Quality assurance of data collected by partners in reports ensuring alignment with M&E plan.
· Immediately alert the Programme Manager in case of suspicion of irregularities at any level of programme implementation
· Revise and adjust overall and project monitoring plans according to budget adjustments, strategy revisions or recommendations by reviews
· Take part with project managers in monitoring visits to RDPP supported projects
· Support evaluation missions to the programme
· Stay abreast of main development and humanitarian context development relevant to the RDPP
· Draft Mid-Year Updates and Annual Reports based reporting from partnerships
· Collect from partners and file media reporting on the RDPP in all media
· Conduct desk review of new reports and literature relevant for the monitoring of RDPP and for reporting
· Analyse and summarize data for biannual reporting
· Develop and update Project Fiches for each partnership project
· Conduct support meetings with partner reporting focal points as required
· Identify innovative elements the RDPP and its partnerships and collect information on these
· Act as focal point for communications and visibility for RDPP
· Conducts weekly media monitoring, for coverage in English and Arabic of RDPP and its funded activities, filing reports of media coverage
· Ensure compliance with visibility guidelines for partners
· Collect periodically success stories and photos from partners for use in RDPP communications products and reporting
Any other required duties as assigned by the Programme Manager to assure quality programme implementation.
4. Profile / required qualifications
The ideal candidate will be a strongly motivated candidate with initiative and willingness to contribute to an innovative programme as the RDPP. S/he will have significant technical experience in monitoring, evaluation of large scale programmes as well as excellent written communications skills in English and experience of reporting.
The candidate must be a Jordanian or have a permanent residence in Jordan.
– Academic requirements
- University degree in social sciences, economics or related disciplines. A post-graduate qualification on humanitarian/development aid will be positively considered.
– Work experience required
Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in development and/or humanitarian fields with UN, donor agency, international / local NGO and similar. Field experience in humanitarian or development assistance is a strong asset.
Proven technical experience in monitoring and evaluation with UN, donor agency, NGOs and similar, working in humanitarian or development aid.
Knowledge and experience in project management cycle, logical framework and results based management.
Experience of drafting and consolidating donor reporting in English for a large scale programme for UN, donor agency, NGOs and similar,
Experience of developing communications plans and products for and international organisation or local NGO will be an asset
Knowledge and experience in forced displacement-related programmes will be an asset.
Native/fluent Arabic speaker (written and spoken)
Fluency in English (written and spoken)
– Skills and competences
Excellent communication skills in English, especially written.
Strong interpersonal skills
Planning and organizational capabilities
Good analytical skills
Proactive and proposes solutions.
Shares integrity values of Danida
Should be a team-player, but also able to work independently
Please note that the final appointment is conditional upon obtaining the required security clearance.
How to apply:
Those qualified and interested are invited to send a CV and a one-page motivation letter explaining why their skills and experience are a good match for the position to email@example.com. Please include in the subject of the email your name and “M&E and Reporting Specialist – Amman”. The CV should not be longer than 3 pages and should include 3 reference persons from at least 2 different employers. Both the letter and the CV must be in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for personal interviews and a written test. References may be contacted at this stage.
The deadline for applications is midnight (Amman time) 22nd October 2017.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV