Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Assignment:
The United Nations Children’s Fund UNICEF through its support to the government of Liberia to meet the needs of children and their mothers procures multiple goods and services on need basis. Some of these supplies/services are procured from local vendors, manufacturers and firms. UNICEF keeps a database of these local vendors that can be consulted at any time a tendering process is undertaken. Based on market evolution, renewed market assessment is normally undertaken in order to maintain an up-to-date supplier database. In this regard, UNICEF Liberia office seeks an individual consultant to carry out a local market survey to identify suppliers of goods and services from whom UNICEF will obtain bids through a competitive process in future procurement. Amongst the categories of supplies and services generally required are:
– Printing materials
– Photography services
– Construction Services
– Construction materials and hardware
– IT/Office supplies and equipment
– School, sport and play supplies and equipment
– Various new/used Clothes and clothing materials
– Power Generating Equipment
– Generator maintenance and servicing
– Vehicle spare parts
– Vehicle maintenance and servicing garages
– Communication equipment
– Office and household Furniture
– Office stationery and supplies
– Transport equipment (vehicles and motorcycles)
– Plastic material, handwashing and bathing soap, sanitizers, Water and Sanitation Supplies
– Relief Supplies e.g. buckets, blankets, plastic sheeting etc.
– Photocopy and lamination services
– Air conditioners and photocopiers
– Maintenance services for air conditioners and copiers
– Carpentry and metal works
– Catering services
– Civil Engineering works
– Computer training
– Professional/Technical consultancy services
– Third party cash/money transfer services
– Computers and training services
– Courier services (local and International)
– Fire extinguisher services
– Insurance brokerage
– School supplies, learning and teaching materials
– Vehicle rental services (trucks and light vehicles)
– Cleaning and janitorial services
– Fumigation services
– Security guards services
– Water tinkering services
– Customs clearing and cargo forwarding services
-Translation services (voice and data)
– Audio visual equipment
In addition, the survey is expected to identify and pre-qualify service providers for:
The exact list of the activities will be finalized prior to the start of the assignment. The outcome of the assessment shall be compiled into a database, based on the categories of the goods and services.
Under the direct supervision of the CO Liberia Supply and Logistics Manager, the Consultant shall carry out the following assignments:
The following will be required from the consultant upon the completion of this assignment:
1. List of the recommended suppliers by type of items and classified by reliability/acceptability.
2. A report highlighting the actual profile of each supplier mentioning their authentic business license; respect of the rules in force in the country; the scope of activities and abilities; skills; reliability; origin and availability of stock.
3. A supplier database which will be used for bidding purposes and updating of UNICEF suppliers base.
4. Recommendations as to the methodology which should be followed for systematic updating and maintaining the newly developed list of suppliers.
5. Recommend methodology which should enable UNICEF to effectively evaluate the performance of each supplier.
6. Report setting out the methodology followed during the assignment and the main conclusions and recommendations based on the results of the market survey (assignment).
Duration:This proposed market survey shall be conducted over a period of 3 months starting November 2017.
Location:The consultant will be based in Monrovia, Liberia during the market survey exercise.
The Assessment and Pre-qualification Phase:
The following minimum requirements need to be met to become a supplier for UNICEF Liberia.
Any exceptions to the above minimum requirements should be justified and documented.
Selection of suppliers and Visit Plan:
Final Pre-qualification following inspection/risk factors:
The following examples are provided as guidance of Procurement Risk profile which exists for UNICEF in the local market and may create outcomes which harm the organization good name, capability to delivery supplies and reputation.
When no previous benchmark exists, and/or the local market maturity is not significant, the following pre-qualification approach, focusing on aspects that would disqualify suppliers, as opposed to factors that would qualify them, could be an option:
The exercise, supported by a comprehensive report including the methodology, principal conclusions and recommendations will produce a database of Pre-Qualified suppliers as the main outcome, and will also contribute to the process of developing a procurement strategy (e.g. local, regional, international) and methods (e.g. LTAs, joint UN LTAs, outsourcing).
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
Expertise and Experience:
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507903
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT