Organization: International Centre for Migration Policy Development
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
Vacancy Announcement VA17P095V01
Project Officer (Migration expertise)
EUROMED Migration IV
Posting date: 5 October 2017
Deadline for applications: 20 October 2017
Duty station: Malta *(with regular travel)*
Start date: As soon as possible
Contract duration: Until July 2019
Eligible nationalities: All
The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD), an international organisation with its headquarters in Vienna, Austria, and its Regional Coordination Office for the Mediterranean in Valletta, Malta is looking for qualified candidates to fill the above-mentioned position of Project Officer with specific expertise on Migration, EUROMED Migration IV.
The EUROMED Migration IV (EMM4), a programme funded by the European Union (EU), aims to implement a comprehensive and shared approach to strengthen effective dialogue and cooperation on migration, mobility and international protection and asylum between EU Member States (EU MS) and European Neighborhood Instrument South Partner Countries (ENI SPC). In this, the programme provides a comprehensive, constructive and operational dialogue and co-operation framework, with particular focus on reinforcing regional and national instruments and capacities to develop and implement evidence-based and coherent migration and international protection policies and actions. The programme encompasses two main dimensions, namely 1) regional dialogue and cooperation and 2) capacity building actions. Horizontal and cross-cutting activities support both dimensions, with particular focus on communication and regional actions, especially in the perspective of contributing to the dissemination of balanced information for a more positive narrative on migration.
The EMM4 is inclusive in its approach and actively engages with a broad variety of stakeholders including government authorities, international organisations and civil society representatives, academia, and the media in the implementation of its activities. For more information on EMM4, please refer to the following link: https://www.icmpd.org/our-work/migration-dialogues/euromed-migration-iv/
Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Officer will report directly to the Project Manager. S/he will be responsible for contributing to the thematic expertise on migration to the EMM4. To this end, the Project Officer will be responsible for the development, management and oversight of the content for the research and capacity development plans of the programme.
The Project Officer under the overall supervision of the EMM4 Project Manager will be responsible for providing research and migration content support to the Project Team and will ensure that research and thematic products are prepared in line with the programme guidelines, objectives and requirements as well as the general policy frameworks. The Project Officer will also be in charge of conceptualising, developing and managing the research guidelines and output and the monitoring and follow-up of deliverables and publications from external consultants and experts.
To this end, the Project Officer’s responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain the research work plan and support the development and implementation of the capacity development activities to ensure the timely implementation and achievements of related programme outputs;
- Liaise with relevant units at the ICMPD Headquarter (The Migration Policy and Research Directorate) and with experts and academic institutions;
- Monitor and coordinate the work of a broad range of experts, in multiple locations, and elaborate capacity-building work plans tailor-made to the needs of the concerned stakeholders, specifically in the field of migration governance;
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of high-quality content in a timely fashion;
- Perform quality control on process outputs in terms of migration policy frameworks and sensitivity to the relevant contextual factors;
- Compile and analyse information on the Euro-Mediterranean migration flows and policies;
- Draft the plan for the Programme publications and thematic papers and develop the related Concept Notes and terms of references;
- Ensure proper reporting from meetings and workshops organised by the programme;
- Carry out other related tasks, as assigned.
- Advanced University degree (Masters) in relevant discipline, such as political / social science, law, international relations or policy;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the area of migration;
Knowledge, skills, abilities:
- Knowledge of EU-Mediterranean political instruments and dialogues and of migration policies and programmes;
- Knowledge of migration issues in the ENI SPC;
- Experience in management of experts;
- Strong communication and diplomatic skills;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Fluency in English, working knowledge of French and/or Arabic.
ICMPD Core Values
- Commitment, integrity, partnership, respect, and innovation in actions and decisions.
ICMPD offers an attractive remuneration package, and participation in the ICMPD Provident Fund and Health Insurance Scheme. Additional benefits include six weeks’ annual leave and, where applicable, a dependency rate.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application in English through the ICMPD online recruitment system at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/current-vacancies by midnight (CET) of the closing date specified above. For this purpose, candidates will first need to register with the ICMPD website. Once the relevant data has been entered, candidates will be able to apply for vacancies.
Please note that in the course of the online application, the motivation letter and personal CV must be uploaded in the EuropeAid format in English. The template is available for download at http://www.icmpd.org/work-for-us/.
All applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in this vacancy announcement. Applications received after the published deadline, and offline applications submitted via email, fax or post, will not be considered.
Due to the high volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Interviews will be held during October and November 2017. Testing may be part of the recruitment process.
For enquiries and/or technical support, please contact ICMPD at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ICMPD retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer a contract with a modified job description or for a different duration, or to offer a contract at a lower grade.
Frequent travel to medium and/or high risk areas may be required for the execution of the duties of this position.
ICMPD is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT