Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 15 Oct 2017
For every child, a championUNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
How can you make a difference? Under the overall orientation, guidance and supervision of the Representative, the Deputy Representative, together with the Chief of Operations, supports the overall management of the Country Office. S/He is responsible for coordinating closely with the different programme sections on all phases of the Country Programme from formulation to delivery of results in accordance with the UNICEF Strategic Plans, standards of performance and accountability framework, ethics and integrity.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Country programme planning and development 2. Support to the Representative on managing the country office 3. Monitoring and quality control of programs 4. Representation, alliance building, resource mobilization and UN System coordination 5. Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
To qualify as a champion for every child you will have…
- Advanced university degree in the social sciences, international relations, or other relevant field.
- A minimum of eight years of professional development experience that combines technical and managerial leadership in development cooperation at the international level, some of which would have been served in developing countries, is required.
- Experience of working in an emergency or humanitarian context is an asset.
- Knowledge of Social Policy/Protection and Strategic Planning is an asset.
- UN/UNICEF experience is desired.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate… Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507577
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT