Organization: Government of the Republic of Moldova
Closing date: 27 Oct 2017
CALL FOR PROPOSAL
REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
Project: Strengthening the institutional framework in the water and sanitation sector (WWS) in the Republic of Moldova (Phase 01)
Project financed by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and the Austrian Development Agency
SDC Ref. No. 81035398, 7F-08870.01.01 & ADA Ref. No. 8332-00/2015
Sector: Water and Sanitation
Contract: # IFSP/CS-16/IC-15/C.2./2.6-2.7/Loc
Assignment Name: Local sub-basin consultant
The Agency “Apele Moldovei” is procuring the consulting services (Local Individual Consultant) on providing support in implementation at the local level of River Basin Management Plans: for Prut and Nistru River.
The consultant will be mainly involved in the project’s output 1.8 “The RBC and its Technical Working Group are strengthened and operational according to their legal mandate” and output 1.9 “Priority measures related to the Prut River and Nistru River Basin are implemented”.
The consultant will provide support for a smooth and efficient coordination between the sub basin river committees and the river basin committees. He/she will strongly advocate for the benefits of the integrated water resource management.
The consultant will work under the management of the International River Basin Management Expert. He/she will closely work with the local experts on the RBMP.
This assignment will require an Individual Consultant, which has:
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of awareness in the environmental sector, especially in involving local stakeholders and decision makers
- University diploma (master) in ecology, environmental sciences, hydrology, hydraulic or any related field,
- Excellent knowledge of English will be an asset,
- Excellent knowledge of Romanian or Russian and good command of the other. Knowledge of other minority languages will be an asset,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; capacity to discuss and to involve any participant in discussions, management of discussions;
- Very good knowledge of the law 272, the EU water framework directive and the concept and notions of integrated water resource management,
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, and meet deadlines;
- Detail oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment;
- Analytical mind and ability to make well thought synthesis;
- A team player who can work independently and with minimal supervision;
- Perfect knowledge of MSWord, Excel, Power Point and data base software,
- High capacity to motivate team and colleagues on solving challenging issues.
How to apply:
Remuneration is attractive. The consultancy is expected to be undertaken within a period of 18 months (with a level of effort of 17 person-months).
Proposals must be submitted no later than the following date and time: *October 27, 2017, 11:00 (Chisinau time)***.
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS GOV