Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 10 Oct 2017
TORs-Donor Mapping and Communications Consultant- final.docxIf you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Purpose of the Assignment : To support resource mobilization from the private sector and to raise the public profile of UNICEF Oman
Assignment Tasks :
- Mapping of private sector and influential individuals (donors):
The target audience of the assignment will include main business actors across all industry sectors.
It is recommended that the project take on the following structure, but should not be limited by the following recommendations (CO is open to other approaches):
Key industry sectors and their main players
Key business organizations, chambers of commerce, business clubs
The CSR landscape in Oman
The main CSR agenda of identified companies
Companies with aligned values and interests to UNICEF
CP priorities from internal UNICEF documents
With select private companies (around 5-10)
Regular consultations and feedback with OCO at each of the following stages:
During the implementation of the corporate mapping study
Drafting and review of interview questions
Scheduling internal interviews
Draft report including key findings
Provide strategic input on how to raise UNICEF Oman’s public profile:
- Compile a lists of journalists and media outlets that UNICEF may approach to raise awareness about its work in the country.
- Support social media efforts.
The following outputs will be required:
A mapping document of identified business sectors and recommendations on how OCO can effectively engage with them.
A critical assessment of the business environment and its appetite for CSR and possibly fundraising across all industry sectors.
Identification of serious and “credible” future potential partners for UNICEF. A simple framework for company mapping is suggested below:
Industry or Sector
Current CSR initiatives
Potential conflict with UNICEF’s values and brand framework
Potential programme opportunities for engagement
CSR revenue opportunity (value of potential partnership)
Major national and international companies in the specific sectors and their levels of CSR activities. Multinationals should be compared regionally and globally.
A final/updated paper on private sector engagement strategy for OCO to include:
- A critical assessment of the true and realistic potential programme partnerships bearing in mind the seven forms of corporate engagement.
- Recommendations on which strategies, priorities and opportunities to be pursued given the timeframe of the CPD.
- An internal presentation for UNICEF to present the mapping study and the final private sector engagement paper.**
- The contracted individual must have a strong understanding of the Omani private sector context.
- Experience in the development of communication strategy and tools is required.
- Experience of no less than 10 years in these or related fields is required.
- The candidate must have excellent communication and networking skills.
- A good network within Oman’s business community is an asset.
- Experience in working with local media is considered an asset.
- English is required for all UNICEF communication. Fluency in Arabic is essential.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
TORs-Donor Mapping and Communications Consultant- 2Oct2017.docx
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate (in US$) to undertake the terms of reference above (including travel and daily subsistence allowance, if applicable). Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. **
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507636
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT