Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children’s rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.For every child, a fair chance!
How can you make a difference? Under the supervision of the HR Specialist, undertake assigned human resource activities in accordance with the HR work plan, consistent with the Country Programme ManagementPlan.
To make a differenceyou will be accountablefor the following key duties & tasks:
1. Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff in the office.
2. Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human recourses needs of the office.
3. Ensure timely, equitable, transparent and systematic administration of HR activities.
4. Support the administration of the equitable, transparent and efficient GS job classification system in compliance with the established classification policy, guidelines, procedures and related requirements.
5. Support effective training programmes and briefing on career management to all staff in the office in order to support the capacity building and career development of all staff.
6. Provides technical analysis and support to the management and planning process as it relates to staffing, organization design and other HR planning.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
Within the delegated authority and under the given organizational set-up, the incumbent may be assigned the primarily, shared, or contributory accountabilities for all or part of the following areas of major duties and key end-results.
• Undertakes effective and proactive recruitment planning to ensure that positions are filled in a timely manner and within time-to-hire parameters. Analyze, research, verify, and compile data which facilitates preparation of workforce planning reports for supervisor to review against benchmarks i.e. Gender and geographical balance and other recruitment related key performance indicators.
• Under the supervision of the supervisor, supports the development and implementation of an effective targeted outreach strategy, with a focus on increasing gender balance.
• Works closely with the recruitment team and hiring managers to promote best practice and address challenges and issues that may arise, ensuring that recommendations and solutions reflect organizational policies, guidelines and practices.
• Provides support to staff related to career opportunities and development.
• Ensure that talent groups are maintained, populated, and utilized effectively in order to reduce time-to-hire.
• Drafts vacancy announcements for positions within his/her office for review by supervisor to help attract ideal candidates.
• Ensures timely and efficient screening of applications for minimum eligibility, taking into account qualifications, competencies, and post requirements.
• Liaises with candidates and hiring managers in the various stages of the recruitment process.
• Coordinates recruitment process, including test administration and invigilation, interviews, interview notes, approvals at all levels. Ensures the process complies with UNICEF policies and procedures.
• Coordinates with interview panels and participates in interviews as the HR Representative.
• Prepares formal acknowledgement, offer and regret letters.
• Records and maintains recruitment files, ensuring all necessary documentation has been prepared.
• Monitors life-cycle of recruitment process to update supervisor as necessary. Tracks and compiles relevant recruitment data/information for KPIs, to address queries, and for information, management and planning.
• Contribute to ensuring organizational targets (geographic distribution, gender, etc.) are met while not compromising on the recruitment and retention of national staff of the highest calibre. Team with supervisors in the recruitment process to ensure integrity and merit in all selection procedures while supporting the needs of managers and goals of diversity. Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the selection and placement of staff.
• Contribute to programme budget review processes through an analysis of staffing pattern and needs of the office. Participate in management meetings affecting HR planning and management
To qualify as a championfor every child you will have…
Completion of secondary education, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to Human Resources Management, Business Administration or a related field.
A minimum of 7 years progressively responsible human resources experience required.
Fluency in English and Urdu
For every Child, you demonstrate…
Our core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
• Communication [II]
• Drive for Result [II]
• Working With People [II]
• Analysing [II]
• Applying Technical Expertise [II]
• Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
• Planning and Organizing [II]
• Relating and Networking [II]
To view our competency framework, please click here.
Interested in finding out more?
You will have a rewarding experience working with a dynamic, diverse and committed staff who are making a difference in saving lives and building a better future for Every Child in Pakistan.
To know more about UNICEF’s work in Pakistan, visit the country website www.unicef.org/pakistan
Videos from Pakistan can be viewed on YouTube and Vimeo
HEC verified and attested degrees are a pre-requisite for employment at UNICEF.During the recruitment process candidates will be required to present HEC attested degrees.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=506632
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT