Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Country: Papua New Guinea
Closing date: 19 Oct 2017
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Nutrition Specialist, incumbent performs the following duties:**
Main Duties and Responsibilities **
- Collects and analyzes data for the Situation Analysis on the situation of maternal and child nutrition. Participates in programme planning, management, monitoring and evaluation by providing accurate, complete and up-to-date information. Analyzes programme implementation reports and evaluates in relation to established programme recommendations and plans of action. Reports the outcome of analyses and proposes corrective actions. Drafts sound programme budgets for review by the supervisor.
- Undertakes ongoing visits to UNICEF project sites, assesses local conditions and resources, and monitors UNICEF inputs. Communicates with local counterpart authorities including provincial health advisors, directors on NGOs and CBOs supported by UNICEF on project feasibility and effectiveness, including the flow and utilization of supply and non-supply assistance.
- Undertakes follow-up actions on programme implementation activities and prepares reports for UNICEF country programme and joint UN programme report. Drafts sound programme workplans and joint UN workplan, as required.
- Selects and compiles training and orientation materials for those involved in Nutrition programme implementation including health facility staff, provincial managers, NGOs and CBOs implementing partners.
- Evaluates and analyzes financial and supply reports to ensure that expenditures are within allotments and data is consistent with VISION/PIDB. Reports to the supervisor and/or head of the office, detailing the outcome of reviews.
- Attends technical cooperation meetings with the national
- department of health, development partners and implementing partners and other stakeholders implementing nutrition, maternal and child health with a focus on UNICEF supported , prepares notes and undertakes follow-up actions related to programme implementation at national level and in the provinces.
- Evaluates and analyses financial and supply reports to ensure that expenditures are within allotments and data is consistent with VISION /PIDB. Reports to the supervisor and/or head of the office, detailing the outcome of reviews.
- Drafts relevant sections of reports (required for donors, management, annual reports, etc)
The post is office-based, with frequent travel within the country.
Requirements and Qualifications
Applicants who have the following educational background, skills and experience are encouraged to apply:
- University degree in Nutrition, Medicine, Public Health, Social sciences relevant to international development assistance.
- At least two years of professional work experience and field experience relevant to Maternal and Child Health and nutrition program. Experience of working in the UN or other international development organization is an asset.
- Computer skills in various office applications including internet navigation
- Commitment to continuous learning for professional development
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relations both within and outside the organization
- Fluency in English and Tok Pisin with proven strong written and oral communication skills
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values.
UNICEF offers competitive terms and conditions of employment to successful applicants.
Closing date is on 19 October 2017 **
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507635
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT