Organization: UN Children’s Fund
Closing date: 13 Oct 2017
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world’s leading children’s rights organization would like to hear from you.
For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children’s survival, protection and development. The world’s largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Under the technical supervision of the UNICEF C4D-WASH Specialist and in close coordination with the UNICEF WASH and Nutrition teams, the specific objectives of this consultancy are to:
- Coordinate with and advocate to Local Chief Executives, Provincial/Municipal Health Offices and Barangay Councils in Bobon and Mapanas to facilitate and generate sustained buy-in of decision makers and program managers on joint WASH-Nutrition Programming.
- Provide direct technical support to Provincial, Municipal and Barangay WASH and Nutrition Staff/Volunteers in implementing and monitoring the Joint WASH-Nutrition Program.
- Ensure well-coordinated technical assistance support (from other implementing partners) to partner LGUs.
- Facilitate the initial documentation of processes, case studies, training and meeting/workshop proceedings especially at the LGU level to build the evidence-base on the modelling for joint WASH and Nutrition Programming.**
- Monthly progress report submitted to C4D WASH Specialist on the coordination and monitoring of the joint program implementation.
- Guidance Note on a joint WASH and nutrition program planning andbudgeting
- Evidence of WASH program disbursement based on 2017 / 2018 AIP & and WASH program budget inclusion on the2019 AIP, based on the MNAP and iWASH plan of partner LGUs
- Draft policy related to the joint program and PhATS
- Guidance note on the policy components and trade-offs of relevant policies on PhATS and on the joint WASH and nutrition programme
- Conduct a workshop on developing a joint monitoring system for WASH and Nutrition interventions.
- Monitoring system design and database
- Guidance note on monitoring a joint WASH and nutrition program
- Conduct training and mentoring session on BAWASA Organizational Development, low-cost household toilet design options, water safety planning and WASH Fit.
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant **
- Bachelor’s degree in Sanitary engineering, Civil engineering or other degree related to environmental health, hygiene, sanitation and behavior change
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in analysis, design, and implementation of policies, strategies, and programmes for the delivery of basic services such as Health, Nutrition, and WASH programs to poor rural households
- Knowledge of government policies pertaining to health, gender, children, nutrition and WASH.
- Knowledge on existing laws, rules, and regulations on sanitation and its implementation in the Philippines will be an advantage
- Experience in community based health, WASH, or Nutrition programs
- Experience in community development, participatory programming, and local governance
- Experience in implementing the Phased Approach to Total Sanitation is an advantage
- Experience in designing and facilitating trainings on low cost toilet designs, water safety planning and BAWASA organizing preferred
- Excellent technical writing skills
Fluency in English and local language is desirable.
Proven ability to conceptualise, innovate, plan and execute ideas and systems
Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts convincingly in written and oral form
Proven ability to plan, manage, monitor the effective use and safekeeping of fixed assets and financial resources
Ability to plan, coordinate and manage multiple activities and adjust to changing priorities
Ability to organize and implement training and to supporting teams to build capacity
Good interpersonal skills; sensitivity to partner’s needs and expectations and maintaining open communication
Innovative, able to take risk and able to lead or participate in change to keep operations working; practical solution oriented. **
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by**13 October 2017**. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number:507583 will be considered.
All candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, and the duly filled P 11 form which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/files/P11.doc indicating three (3) previous supervisors. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted consultants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. **
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=507583
Read more here:: RELIEFWEB CAREERS INT